Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Did you see that D Line? They aren't even rushing passer.... they are just standing there after the whistle. ****, I could have throw for 400. What a joke!

Mark Snyder is still traumatized from his Marshall days when he allowed full contact and causing a kid to almost losing his leg.

Also never seen anyone, who has regular press conferences as a big part of their job, look so socially awkward at almost every one of them. I mean, what the **** is he even doing at the start of this conference?

Trying to figure out what picture comes next in the pattern. It's a tough one.

I thought the same exact thing. This looked staged. Or their dline is horrible. Usually defense is always ahead of offense in spring so something is definitely off. Or their defense is atrocious.

IDK about these conspiracy theories, but I watched the first quarter or so of the spring game, and the standout takeaway for me was terrible tackling

Advertisement
Quite honestly, and sure we are biased, but does it not look like that was staged to excite the fans? The DL isn't even playing, nobody is tackling or giving any effort on defense. Tin foil hat on, but with their offensive woes last year I wouldn't put it past slick Willie to pull some crap to make himself and Briles look good.
I was just saying the same thing to myself. Lack of effort on defense was blatantly obvious.

My buddy who is a Nole thinks it was staged as well and he was at the spring game. He just so happened to have a wedding to go to this last weekend in Tally .

He said they're was no buzz in the stands and a lot of fans around him felt that the team sucks and Willie isn't the guy. The name "Golden" was even referenced with the exact quote, "this is our version of Golden."

He also said at the wedding the grooms uncle who's a booster and has gotten to watch practices in the past said the difference between Jimbo and Taggert practice is staggering.

My buddy who is a Nole thinks it was staged as well and he was at the spring game. He just so happened to have a wedding to go to this last weekend in Tally .

He said they're was no buzz in the stands and a lot of fans around him felt that the team sucks and Willie isn't the guy. The name "Golden" was even referenced with the exact quote, "this is our version of Golden."

He also said at the wedding the grooms uncle who's a booster and has gotten to watch practices in the past said the difference between Jimbo and Taggert practice is staggering.

Wish your Nole buddies could talk some sense into my Nole buddies. According to them, the Briles hire has their offensive woes solved, and they will even be elite offensively within a couple years, and if I don't agree I'm just an unreasonably biased Miami fan.

Advertisement

Did he say what the consensus seemed to be on that scrimmage? Yeah staging sounds excessive but man that looked like an NFL Pro Bowl showing. No defensive effort. Either they are terrible or nonchalant. You play how you practice....

Did he say what the consensus seemed to be on that scrimmage? Yeah staging sounds excessive but man that looked like an NFL Pro Bowl showing. No defensive effort. Either they are terrible or nonchalant. You play how you practice....

He's agrees something was staged but couldn't pinpoint if it was Taggert wanting the offense to look better cause if Briles or if he didn't want any injuries.

He said if the defense was told to play soft then it won't resonate well with those players and defensive recruits.

Advertisement
He's agrees something was staged but couldn't pinpoint if it was Taggert wanting the offense to look better cause if Briles or if he didn't want any injuries.

He said if the defense was told to play soft then it won't resonate well with those players and defensive recruits.
I wonder if this is how Big12 teams practice

I watched a few series’ and while I expect spring games to be sloppy, the one thing that stood out to me was the softness.

DL barely giving an effort, defense not tackling, soft coverages, etc. It reminded me of the stereotypical big 12 spread team.

Wish your Nole buddies could talk some sense into my Nole buddies. According to them, the Briles hire has their offensive woes solved, and they will even be elite offensively within a couple years, and if I don't agree I'm just an unreasonably biased Miami fan.

Briles will be long gone before the team is even close to elite offensively. He's there for a year, maybe 2 before he gets a HC gig. Unless they are completely abysmal on offense, which that works for us too. But I'd be shocked if Briles is the OC in 2021.

Advertisement
Briles will be long gone before the team is even close to elite offensively. He's there for a year, maybe 2 before he gets a HC gig. Unless they are completely abysmal on offense, which that works for us too. But I'd be shocked if Briles is the OC in 2021.

I doubt he's there that long either. Either Willie gets fired, and he is gone with him, or Briles takes a better job somewhere else, like you said.

Briles will never get a FBS HC gig because most schools know he will hire his pops

Like I said, usually offense is way behind defense. When your mediocre qb is throwing for 400 yards and behind one of the worst olines in America, something is wrong. It’s either staged or the defense is that bad.

Advertisement
Back