Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Norvell is getting a 3rd year and we all know why!
Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

When they lose 6-8 games this year they'll have plenty of attrition. All those young guys aren't going to sit around and not play for a below .500 team. They're going to have to hit the portal hard again to balance numbers which could mean even smaller recruiting classes than anticipated.

I think the big question with FSU this year is do the fans/admin give Mikey a pass (again) when the results on the field are atrocious (again). Fans might tolerate losses to ND, Clemson, and UNC but Miami/UF not so much and once they start losing to random ACC teams like NC State, BC, Ville, or Wake **** should start to hit the fan in Tallahassee. Once that recruiting class starts to fall apart, I think Mikey becomes a lame duck in 2022.

He will get a 3rd year... theyll say year 1 was hampered because of covid....also it drives his buyout price down a little considering theyre still paying for Willie.

Anything short of 6-6 and he will have a worse record than Willie did through 21 games.... and we can say it is worse because they cancelled games that were guaranteed L's last year

Last edited:
Norvell is building up as much positive juju as he can. He has to; he knows once the season starts there's going to be little positive. He has to hope Milton and Jordan Travis together can execute some semblance of his offense on the field. Once they start losing, that positive juju will start draining out.

I still think he holds on to the majority of his class , no matter what their record is - he's selling a total rebuild with playing time, the opportunity to make a name for themselves and to be a member of the class that helps bring FSU back to glory. Kids are buying it all day. He should thank his lucky stars every day that Travis Hunter came along in this class ....

Advertisement
When they lose 6-8 games this year they'll have plenty of attrition. All those young guys aren't going to sit around and not play for a below .500 team. They're going to have to hit the portal hard again to balance numbers which could mean even smaller recruiting classes than anticipated.

I think the big question with FSU this year is do the fans/admin give Mikey a pass (again) when the results on the field are atrocious (again). Fans might tolerate losses to ND, Clemson, and UNC but Miami/UF not so much and once they start losing to random ACC teams like NC State, BC, Ville, or Wake **** should start to hit the fan in Tallahassee. Once that recruiting class starts to fall apart, I think Mikey becomes a lame duck in 2022.
They expect 6 wins regardless of what the idiot homers say what's most important is to just make a bowl. Now 7 losses looks incredibly obvious imo and if they lose to WF as I expect they will it'll be 8 with them praying they beat Louisville and by then he will be on a scorching hot seat

Advertisement
Advertisement
He will get a 3rd year... theyll say year 1 was hampered because of covid....also it drives his buyout price down a little considering theyre still paying for Willie.

Anything short of 6-6 and he will have a worse record than Willie did through 21 games.... and we can say it is worse because they cancelled games that were guaranteed L's last year
Wait…..who else did norveLLLLLLL run from(I know Clemson)????

Advertisement
FSU has around 55 freshmen on the team. You gotta think that’s going to hurt their roster is a few years. I know with the transfer portal it allows more and more players to move around and come and go. However, they don’t have many upperclassmen so I don’t think they can redshirt too many freshmen. It’s also going to hurt their numbers in recruiting over the next few years, meaning classes of 15-20 recruits.
That happened to Al Golden in 2012. Randy Shannon’s 2010 class saw a very high degree of attrition and the 2011 class was fairly small. The 2012 class was 31, I believe. Lots of freshmen.

Advertisement
Back