Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Advertisement
As ****** as they are, they have 3 CB committed that could play at Miami

8381216.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a program fall this far this fast. They are only 3 years removed from winning the Orange Bowl and signing the 6th class in the country. They won a natty and played in the playoffs only 6 years ago. Now they might be the worst team in the ACC. No tears will be shed

Advertisement
I don't think I've ever seen a program fall this far this fast. They are only 3 years removed from winning the Orange Bowl and signing the 6th class in the country. They won a natty and played in the playoffs only 6 years ago. Now they might be the worst team in the ACC. No tears will be shed
Michigan state made the playoff recently as well

Advertisement
We haven't even seen them at their worst yet. They at least had some talent this year in Samuel, Terry, Wilson, etc. Those guys for the most part are gone now and they have recruited absolutely nobody. They have serious issues from top to bottom in that program and it is not going to get better in the short term. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they went winless in one of the next couple of seasons.

Advertisement
There are very few programs that are built to outlast two straight crap hires. Only ones off the top of my head are Texas and Bama. With Texas, they followed up Mac Brown with a subpar coach in Strong, then followed up with Herman who's been disappointing. You look at the latter, and the hire made complete sense. Bama has so much money in the program, they could probably survive two straight mediocre hires. But it goes without question how important coaching is in football. FSU's hubris has landed them in a precarious situation that rivals (debateful) anything Miami has ever experienced in the last 15 years.

Alabama got incredibly lucky to hire Saban. The previous hires were Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price (never coached a game), and Mike Shula. TWO of those guys were Alabama alums.

It doesn't matter how much money Alabama had, or might have had, they still have to find the right guy. Saban was the right guy.

Advertisement
Back