Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nole fans in the office have been real meek this season. Told those idiots back during our Golden days that all it takes is for them to make 2 bad coaching hires and their program falls into a &hit hole just like ours did. Their reply was their program was better built than ours, and they had measures in place to ensure success - unlike ours. LOL!

They acknowledge Taggart was a disaster, but they actually thought they had quickly turned things around with Norvell so they are extremely disappointed with the results this year. Now they realize they are in for exactly what I was telling them: a deep &hit hole that will take years for them to climb out of.

One bad coaching hire, you have the chance to stop the bleeding and turn things around in a year or two if you're lucky. But two bad hires, and you're doomed for several years.

FSU will be irrelevant at least through 2023.
Their recruiting is also getting a lot worse under Norvell. Their class this year so far is borderline disastrous and approaching g5 level caliber at this point.

Advertisement
Capture.PNG

:6fps6: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :6fps6:

Nole fans in the office have been real meek this season. Told those idiots back during our Golden days that all it takes is for them to make 2 bad coaching hires and their program falls into a &hit hole just like ours did. Their reply was their program was better built than ours, and they had measures in place to ensure success - unlike ours. LOL!

They acknowledge Taggart was a disaster, but they actually thought they had quickly turned things around with Norvell so they are extremely disappointed with the results this year. Now they realize they are in for exactly what I was telling them: a deep &hit hole that will take years for them to climb out of.

One bad coaching hire, you have the chance to stop the bleeding and turn things around in a year or two if you're lucky. But two bad hires, and you're doomed for several years.

FSU will be irrelevant at least through 2023.

There are very few programs that are built to outlast two straight crap hires. Only ones off the top of my head are Texas and Bama. With Texas, they followed up Mac Brown with a subpar coach in Strong, then followed up with Herman who's been disappointing. You look at the latter, and the hire made complete sense. Bama has so much money in the program, they could probably survive two straight mediocre hires. But it goes without question how important coaching is in football. FSU's hubris has landed them in a precarious situation that rivals (debateful) anything Miami has ever experienced in the last 15 years.

Advertisement
There are very few programs that are built to outlast two straight crap hires. Only ones off the top of my head are Texas and Bama. With Texas, they followed up Mac Brown with a subpar coach in Strong, then followed up with Herman who's been disappointing. You look at the latter, and the hire made complete sense. Bama has so much money in the program, they could probably survive two straight mediocre hires. But it goes without question how important coaching is in football. FSU's hubris has landed them in a precarious situation that rivals (debateful) anything Miami has ever experienced in the last 15 years.

I would like to metrics on coaches who follow championship coaches. Urban meyer pulled it off but he was already a championship coach

Advertisement
I would like to metrics on coaches who follow championship coaches. Urban meyer pulled it off but he was already a championship coach

Florida fans did have to endure Ron Zook. So it's not like they walked into Urban straight from Spurrier. The only other school that had back-to-back coaches is Ohio State (Tressel -> Meyer). And there's LSU that had back-to-back-back (Saban -> Miles -> Orgeron).

I'd also add that their QB recruiting (both via HS and the portal) the last several years has been disastrous.

Miami at least pulled some talent at the QB position over the years - most recently - Kaaya, Perry, Williams, TVD, etc... The fact that about half haven't panned out is another story. But that's QB at the college level - misses happen frequently hence why you should have a QB every cycle. FSU just says **** it and doesn't bring in any.

Miami at least pulled some talent at the QB position over the years - most recently - Kaaya, Perry, Williams, TVD, etc... The fact that about half haven't panned out is another story. But that's QB at the college level - misses happen frequently hence why you should have a QB every cycle. FSU just says **** it and doesn't bring in any.

FSU is going through what we went through...without the NCAA issues. Sh1tty coaching hires + sh1tty QB recruitment can take a long time to rebound from/

Advertisement
Back