Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

These players went bc of willie. Not because of what willie could make them, bc they liked him. Norvell is the polar opposite of willie so far. Id expect that just about everyone who signed under taggart transfers

Advertisement
Practicing for his soon to be job at FSU?
1600452237092.jpeg

Yeah, both teams will have serious OL problems for a couple of years, GaTech for switching off the triple option, F$U because of bad recruiting.

And for F$U, I don't see things getting better. Norvell is going to have to go full-Bill-Snyder and get a ton of JuCo kids to make up for losing half of Willie's first recruiting class. And relying on JuCo is tough in this new IC world, it was easier decades ago when Snyder was young and in his 70s.
Yeah, GTech's going to struggle for a couple years with the transition. I thought it was interesting that in the FSU game they had 2 personal fouls for illegal chop blocks.....probably because that's what they've been taught in the old system for so long.

Yeah, GTech's going to struggle for a couple years with the transition. I thought it was interesting that in the FSU game they had 2 personal fouls for illegal chop blocks.....probably because that's what they've been taught in the old system for so long.

Ha! You're **** right! Hard to break old habits...

Yeah, both teams will have serious OL problems for a couple of years, GaTech for switching off the triple option, F$U because of bad recruiting.

And for F$U, I don't see things getting better. Norvell is going to have to go full-Bill-Snyder and get a ton of JuCo kids to make up for losing half of Willie's first recruiting class. And relying on JuCo is tough in this new IC world, it was easier decades ago when Snyder was young and in his 70s.
I think Collins is actually moving GT in the right direction. He is a good coach and recruiter. He has a tall task ahead of him but he is doing a nice job so far. Recruiting Georgia is tough against the SEC but he is on a branding mission.

How do all of these guys that left impact their ICs and numbers they can take this year?

Advertisement
They can't afford not to let Norvell finish his contract unless Deion Sanders wants to do it for free. They really needed to have a home run hire and they failed. All they did was make Taggart look better.

Dream scenario: FSU barely becomes bowl eligible and falls to FAU in a bowl game.

They did worse than that. From an optics perspective, they have created a situation where people will/can question whether race played a role in the decision.

Fire your football team's first (non-interim) black HC 9 games into his second season (notwithstanding the fact it puts your football program in financial peril). The black Interim HC is (for the second time) not seriously considered for the job. Replace the black HC with a white HC who comes in trying to instill discipline. Said coach deprioritizes recruiting South Florida. And within his first 6 months on the job, he gets called out by some of his best players for pandering/lying to the media about conversations he claimed were happening between him and his athletes following Greg Floyd's death (which apparently never happened).

I happen to think Willie T. was overrated for years and F$U would have continued their downward spiral had they kept him around for another season, but Norvell seems to be doing everything humanly possible to keep people questioning the move.

Last edited:
I think Collins is actually moving GT in the right direction. He is a good coach and recruiter. He has a tall task ahead of him but he is doing a nice job so far. Recruiting Georgia is tough against the SEC but he is on a branding mission.

How do all of these guys that left impact their ICs and numbers they can take this year?

I agree on GaTech, plus you keep hearing that name in the Top 10 lists of a lot of recruits. I think that LCE or Cribby mentioned that they had an ace recruiter on staff now.

As for F$U, they may be OK on the "overall" number of ICs for this upcoming year (not sure how many kids Norvell took in Year 1 including transfers), but then you have to break it down by two basic issues.

First, on overall numbers, when you have RECENT recruits leaving, that is usually a number that is harder to plug. The 25 ICs usually can take care of the seniors, the early NFL applicants, and the "normal" attrition of guys leaving for lack of PT or injuries. But when you add in a lot of kids who COULD be playing but for a culture clash with the coach, it will make it hard for F$U to sniff 85 for a few years.

Second, you also have to analyze what it means (to the overall numbers) to use 5, 6, or 7 of your 25 ICs on transfer kids who only have 1 or 2 years to play. Sure, you can address your "first-string" deficiencies, but then you put enormous pressure on your HS recruits to turn into rapid contributors. You need a VERY high hit rate, you need kids who can probably play more quickly than not, and you need to be able find culture fits right off the bat. It's a tall order, and very few coaches (such as Butch in the late 90s) can really stick that landing.

The only thing that MIGHT save F$U and help them to rebuild more quickly is if the NCAA allowed you to replace ICs for TRANSFERS-OUT with transfers-in. Post-Covid, that is one "reform" that I could see taking hold. I think you will see a LOT of transfers after this season, as the "free year" and other issues cause a lot of kids to rethink where they should be. If this issue hits 70% of the schools (obviously not the Alabamas and Clemsons of the world), there will be enormous pressure to make a change to the IC rules for transfers.

They did worse than that. From an optics perspective, they have created a situation where people will/can question whether race played a role in the decision.

Fire your football team's first (non-interim) black HC 9 games into his second season (notwithstanding the fact it puts your football program in financial peril). The black Interim HC is (for the second time) not seriously considered for the job. Replace the black HC with a white HC who comes in trying to instill discipline. Said coach deprioritizes recruiting South Florida. And within his first 6 months on the job, he gets called out by some of his best players for pandering/lying to the media about conversations he claimed were happening between him and his athletes following Greg Lloyd's death (which apparently never happened).

I happen to think Willie T. was overrated for years and F$U would have continued their downward spiral had they kept him around for another season, but Norvell seems to be doing everything humanly possible to keep people questioning the move.

I would simply add two things.

First, "Replace the black HC with a white CORNROW-WEARING HC".

Second, Greg Lloyd is still alive, though George Floyd was murdered.

Advertisement
Norvell is actively refusing to recruit South Florida.

I have never seen this philosophy before in my life by a major program in state/Eastern Seaboard
Does he think the culture issues at FSU related to the S.Fl “elite” athlete culture? There definitely seems to be a disconnect with “certain” players and is probably justified. It just seems that he would’ve been able to navigate some of the delicate but troubling waters better especially with “Well” respected Haggins on staff. I see it being a very difficult next few seasons for Norvell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back