Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 11.42.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 11.43.19 AM.png

Please be true

Name a better option then. This isn't fantasy football. You wanna trade for Josh Rosen who's an inferior Winston? Or trade future picks to get a pick high enough to draft an inferior prospect and hope it works out better 4-5 years from now? You're not gonna find any QBs who can avoid pressure and anticipate throws like Winston. The HC & GM are committed to Winston so either accept that or move on.

Excluding week 1 Winston has thrown 3 INTs in his last 7 games. The gameplan was terrible week 1 and Arians only blamed him for 1 pick which was the last one. Other than that he was late on a goal line throw to Godwin that should have been a TD.

I'm all for hating on FSU players when it's warranted - like it still boggles my mind how worthless Bobo Wilson has a roster spot - but it's not here. Also the Bucs should've drafted Brian Burns instead of Devin White. White is a pedestrian guy at a replaceable position and Kevin Minter filled in for him without missing a beat. Meanwhile Burns is already getting multiple pressures a game while this team is a Barrett injury away from having 0 edge rush.

i rememeber arguing with people on here about this. But folks were..."oh he's sec".." he runs a 4.4" big deal..kid has no impact plays any time i saw him play. He's a guy out there.

i rememeber arguing with people on here about this. But folks were..."oh he's sec".." he runs a 4.4" big deal..kid has no impact plays any time i saw him play. He's a guy out there.

Talking about Bobo? He can run in a straight line but he's got tight hips, no shake with or without the ball, no spatial awareness or vision as a runner, and he's tiny on an NFL field. Bucs have him returning punts and he looks lost. At this point I'm just resigned to the fact that both the teams I root for will have trash special teams forever. The thing about rooting for bad teams is there are only so many ways to be bad so there's a lot of mirroring that happens.

Winston doesn't do anything particularly well, never has. He's been a turnover machine since his sophomore year at FSU. He hasn't gotten any better since his rookie year. Is he the worst starting QB in the league, no, not by a long shot. Does he deserve to be paid as the future franchise QB at $30 Million a year, absolutely not. That's what I mean by people still supporting him, supporting the idea of him being the future of the franchise. At this point I'd say there's less than 10% chance he'll be a top 5-10 in the league starting QB for any franchise. Bucs have better odds drafting another QB out of the next 2 drafts than going forward with Winston.

I listed 2 things. He anticipates intermediate throws well and he evades pressure well. Those are important skills that reflect an innate ability to process information quickly. He's also a leader regardless of what fans or the media think about him off the field.

I do think he has a good chance to be a top 10 QB. He's 25 and he excels at a lot of intangibles. He hasn't stagnated as if you pay attention he's improved with his pocket skills and decision-making. He doesn't zip balls right at zone dropping LBs like he used to all the time except for the Bengals game last year. After he got benched he made a concerted effort to avoid throwing into traffic like that.

He won't be a top 5 QB because he throws a poor deep ball and I don't see that getting fixed at this point 5 years later.

I like Tua but he will take time to become better than Winston - if ever - and the Bucs won't tank hard enough to get him. Herbert and Love and others are nowhere near as good as Winston was as a prospect or now. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's ok they'll be fine. PFF/CFF tells me 1 sack Marvin Wilson is the best DT evaRRR. All those "win rate" plays will surely shut down the ULMs of the world!

Advertisement
Back