Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Well this is an odd exchange from father and sonView attachment 89383

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bowden always said Butch was his toughest opponent in ref to recruiting....Hence...98, 99, and 2000 classes....Butch ended up being a MUCH better evaluator than Bowden, especially if you consider the Huge disadvantage Butch had from 95-98....
Bowden didn't have the eye for talent that Butch had. Thank God.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bowden didn't have the eye for talent that Butch had. Thank God.
Bowden could’ve had Bernie Madoff running through a brick wall. His closing and speaking skills were second to none...Even in his 70s. Bobby was the most likable coach in all of football for 30 years. Parents and players loved Boobah. He was a good CEO. His weaknesses include being mediocre at teaching, game management, and talent evals. It’s still to be determined if “but he played Miami” will be engraved on his tombstone. Spurrier was too much of whining pu$$y to play UM. I have nothing but respect for Bowden.

Butch wasn’t the best people person but he knew defense and had an eye for talent. He also knew a good teaching coach from a poor one. He was one of the few CFB coaches I thought would have a chance in the NFL. Then he chose the Browns. Butch is that talented guy that just makes poor decisions. I’m not sure Butch was ever confident in himself enough to be the next Paterno or Bowden. Even though in reality he could’ve been the GOAT.

Advertisement
Bowden could’ve had Bernie Madoff running through a brick wall. His closing and speaking skills were second to none...Even in his 70s. Bobby was the most likable coach in all of football for 30 years. Parents and players loved Boobah. He was a good CEO. His weaknesses include being mediocre at teaching, game management, and talent evals. It’s still to be determined if “but he played Miami” will be engraved on his tombstone. Spurrier was too much of whining pu$$y to play UM. I have nothing but respect for Bowden.

Butch wasn’t the best people person but he knew defense and had an eye for talent. He also knew a good teaching coach from a poor one. He was one of the few CFB coaches I thought would have a chance in the NFL. Then he chose the Browns. Butch is that talented guy that just makes poor decisions. I’m not sure Butch was ever confident in himself enough to be the next Paterno or Bowden. Even though in reality he could’ve been the GOAT.

Pretty silly post. Bowden pumped out elite talent for years and consistently won. Criticizing his “evaluation ” skills is absurd.

He had a pretty innovative offense back in the day which is part of the reason that fsu won. In reality there is no such thing as a successful “CEO.” That’s just a euphemism for “coach who isn’t particularly good at anything.” Bobby was good at a lot of things.

Butch could never have “been the GOAT.” He basically struck gold at Miami for one season and has never had any notable success anywhere else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back