No Trayone Gray per Matt Porter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well ole Matty is misquoting Trayone!

A few weeks ago the rumors flew around among the Cane nation: Signee Trayone Gray had gotten back his ACT score and it was a 19, which qualified him for UM.

But he hadn't received it.

The newest rumor: Gray scored an 18.

But that isn't the case either, Gray told CaneSport.

"No, I didn't get it back yet," he said late Wednesday. "I've graduated (high school), but I have no ACT score."

This was his first time taking the test, and he says he's still preparing to take it again next month ... in case he doesn't get the 18 he needs to qualify per the NCAA's sliding scale.

For now, Gray says the most likely scenario if he does get an 18 is for him to come in August instead of Summer Session II since there is still paperwork he needs to have done in order to be cleared to report.

He says he most recently spoke with UM coaches last Thursday, when he talked with Larry Scott.

"He said to keep working out, to stay ready," Gray said.

Gray says he's doing regular workouts, and he currently weighs 207 pounds - around the same as what he weighed last season.

He hasn't received the UM playbook yet but says once he gets that he'll start studying plays.

Gray's understanding is he will start out as a wide receiver at Miami.

So what's the chance he's a Cane in August?

"I don't even know," Gray said. "I'm leaving it in God's hands."

Well ole Matty is misquoting Trayone!

A few weeks ago the rumors flew around among the Cane nation: Signee Trayone Gray had gotten back his ACT score and it was a 19, which qualified him for UM.

But he hadn't received it.

The newest rumor: Gray scored an 18.

But that isn't the case either, Gray told CaneSport.

"No, I didn't get it back yet," he said late Wednesday. "I've graduated (high school), but I have no ACT score."

This was his first time taking the test, and he says he's still preparing to take it again next month ... in case he doesn't get the 18 he needs to qualify per the NCAA's sliding scale.

For now, Gray says the most likely scenario if he does get an 18 is for him to come in August instead of Summer Session II since there is still paperwork he needs to have done in order to be cleared to report.

He says he most recently spoke with UM coaches last Thursday, when he talked with Larry Scott.

"He said to keep working out, to stay ready," Gray said.

Gray says he's doing regular workouts, and he currently weighs 207 pounds - around the same as what he weighed last season.

He hasn't received the UM playbook yet but says once he gets that he'll start studying plays.

Gray's understanding is he will start out as a wide receiver at Miami.

So what's the chance he's a Cane in August?

"I don't even know," Gray said. "I'm leaving it in God's hands."

Nice hack reporting, Matt.

SMDH...Im in the wrong business. I need to be a south Florida sports or weather reporter. Only professions that can be wrong 70% of the time and still keep their jobs.

Advertisement
LOL You guys have poor reading comprehension. The guy tweets that he doesn't have a qualifying score yet like some one here have claimed he already got. Kid is quoted as saying he hasn't received his score yet. Sounds like the guys on this site with their inside info are the ones who are wrong.

LOL You guys have poor reading comprehension. The guy tweets that he doesn't have a qualifying score yet like some one here have claimed he already got. Kid is quoted as saying he hasn't received his score yet. Sounds like the guys on this site with their inside info are the ones who are wrong.

Key point is that Matt's tweet left out the "yet." It just said he didn't have a qualifying score. Which makes it sound like he got his score and it wasn't an 18.

Advertisement
SMDH...Im in the wrong business. I need to be a south Florida sports or weather reporter. Only professions that can be wrong 70% of the time and still keep their jobs.

Weather reporter? Do you look good enough in tight dress for that job?

Good god he just took his words and made up a quote.

Here, i'll give it a shot...When asked if he'll qualify, Miami commit Trayone Gray had this odd response, "I know even god has hands."

Advertisement
Pete done told y'all listen to the brow

I don't thats the point man. Yes, Pete has kept saying Gray's not getting in. But I'm pretty sure Pete would loooove to be wrong on this one. If ultimately proved true, I don't think Pete would gloat about being right. Don't gloat for him.

Kid needs to move forward and prep for a year if he doesn't get a qualifying score. Going JUCO or to Marshall would be a failure.

Advertisement
Back