Neil Ferguson's Imperial model could be the most devastating software mistake of all time

imyrhuckleberry

Sophomore

"Our leaders did not have the grounding in computer science to challenge the ideas and so were susceptible to the academics."

From a related article: "In the respective words of four experienced modellers, the code is “deeply riddled” with bugs, “a fairly arbitrary Heath Robinson machine”, has “huge blocks of code – bad practice” and is “quite possibly the worst production code I have ever seen”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ion-impose-lockdown-based-crude-mathematical/

TheEye

Cane Grad!
Can someone explain to me what is happening in Chicago? I have friends who have been social distancing there for two months and the new cases continue to soar!

TheEye

Cane Grad!
I wonder how many of those cases are illegals and other scum bag criminals.
I’m not too familiar with the demographic breakdown of Chicago. Is there a high level of illegal immigration?

hydro66

Junior
Chicago used to be a welcoming city. Back in my hockey tournaments in the 80's , i could walk on the streets without dodging a few bullets and getting jumped.

For_The_U

All ACC
Everyone pointed to them as gospel and the in the next breath would mention how new this was so we don't know what it would do.
Complete gospel! So much so that it then became "if you position anything to the contrary, you have nefarious motivations and are willing to allow hundreds of thousands of people to suffocate to death!". As in, that's not me exaggerating to make a point, that is literally what the tidal wave of momentum became. And in doing so, it absolutely silenced every voice to the contrary. This is a simply remarkable story.

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
Complete gospel! So much so that it then became "if you position anything to the contrary, you have nefarious motivations and are willing to allow hundreds of thousands of people to suffocate to death!". As in, that's not me exaggerating to make a point, that is literally what the tidal wave of momentum became. And in doing so, it absolutely silenced every voice to the contrary. This is a simply remarkable story.
“We got to follow the science, bro.” is COVID’s response to “Pro style, bro.”

miamifan007

Junior
Lots of evidence coming to light that the Imperial model was a total fock up. The IHME model wasn’t much better. Both may ultimately cost many lives and economies around the globe.
Is this Neil Ferguson character the major person to blame.

Pelican45

Freshman
Look...you've been told what to think! Stop making trouble.