need help ID'ing this play/player

T

TheU1991

everytime i've watched the 30 for 30 on The U this play has caught my eye. i can never find the full clip of this hit, or who it was that delivered it.

can anyone help out? it's at 0:37 of this video

[video=youtube;R8TDMcgq0o4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8TDMcgq0o4[/video]

Advertisement
yea. It's Ryan McNeil...1990 Sugar Bowl (1989 roster), Ryan McNeil is #47 and a CB.

Last edited:
that looks right. couldn't find the video anywhere else online, though.

appreciate it.

Advertisement
mcneil was a great corner......but we had another guy on those teams who i dont think ever gets the credit he deserves........darryl williams

I was about 4 months old for that game. I have only seen the national championships from back in the day. Wish I could watch some of the other bowl games but they are never on TV.

Advertisement
I was about 4 months old for that game. I have only seen the national championships from back in the day. Wish I could watch some of the other bowl games but they are never on TV.

Click the video section on this site and go to game videos.

Advertisement

Click the video section on this site and go to game videos.

those videos are great

here i thought the only way to get those old games was to send banditcane a check and hope he sent me a vhs in the mail

mcneil was a great corner......but we had another guy on those teams who i dont think ever gets the credit he deserves........darryl williams

Darryl "the Hit Man" Williams was money. CJ Richardson is another who never gets the props
richardson is also underappreciated.....but williams was on another level........williams one of the first in the long line of great safties in recent years

dude could lay the wood

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back