NASCAR baby!!

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
This sport sucks, but damn it’s nice to have live sports back!! Floodgates are opening and the world is coming back, boys and girls.

Why the **** is PGA not playing until June? And Tennis... you telling me two people can’t safely stand 90 feet apart and hit a ball back and forth?!? WTF...

For_The_U

All ACC
This sport sucks, but damn it’s nice to have live sports back!! Floodgates are opening and the world is coming back, boys and girls.

Why the **** is PGA not playing until June? And Tennis... you telling me two people can’t safely stand 90 feet apart and hit a ball back and forth?!? WTF...
SOme friends and I ran a pool on the race yesterday. $5/driver, highest finisher takes all. I had Chase Elliot and watched the last quarter of the race. Good times!

PS - None of us are big NASCAR fans.

423Hurricane

High Profile Wannabe
Haven’t watched a race in years. I live about 10 miles from the track in Bristol and attendance is down well over 70%. Used to sell out years in advance.
Sorry for being a Debbie Downer!

JD08

Non-attorney spokesperson
Haven’t watched a race in years. I live about 10 miles from the track in Bristol and attendance is down well over 70%. Used to sell out years in advance.
Sorry for being a Debbie Downer!
Probably because the cars are all exactly the same except for the stickers.

JD08

Non-attorney spokesperson
Some number of years ago, Nascar had a big rule change and Yates sold off their entire stock of old engines. The Yates blocks are based off the Ford 351 Cleveland, which Ford had designed for Nascar racing back in the 60's. If I'd had a spare 5k or really needed an engine, one would have been mine. But unfortunately(?), mine had a fresh rebuild.

hydro66

Junior
I guess we won't see tommy brady with the BUCS and see the PATS go down.

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless
Probably because the cars are all exactly the same except for the stickers.
NASCAR has been on a collision course with irrelevancy for a decade (Sprint bought at the top of the market and couldn’t wait to get out of that deal), similarity of cars doesn’t have a lot to do with it…blame cost of sponsorship affecting track competitiveness. There are of course many other factors, but when half the teams didn’t have the resources to compete with RCR, Gibbs, Hendricks and Roush over a decade (more?) ago that became the huge turnoff for fans.

Separately…
- After first trip to Bristol, my hearing wasn’t right until Thursday.
- Tony Stewart is a murderer