Off-Topic My ATL People...places to stay for Bama

Curious as to what those of you who frequent the area and/or live in ATL suggest on where to stay. I've been to Atlanta several times but not in the last couple years and never been to a game downtown where the Mercedes-Benz Stadium is/Georgia Dome was.

So, what say y'all? Coming in Friday, leaving Sunday. Airbnb or hotel both on the table, would probably prefer Airbnb but either would work.

Stay downtown close to the stadium? Midtown? Up in Buckhead? Ideally I'd like somewhere to chill somewhat close to the place I'm staying on Friday night (15-20 min Uber is fine) and then of course want to tailgate near the stadium Saturday morning and go somewhere after the game to watch Clemson/UGA.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I’m going to be in ATL (coming from Miami) for the game, got a AirBnB like 5mins away from the stadium

want to hit up some nice restaurants down there? Any good suggestion?

If you stay ITP then you risk getting murdered. I'd stay near the battery but others would probably disagree.

LOL come on, my guy. I know there are certainly some parts of Atlanta that you don't want to walk around at 3am asking for change for a $1000 bill, but Buckhead is ITP, is it not? That's a warzone now?

Advertisement
Stay in Midtown. No matter where you stay you will have to get a ride to the game. But Midtown has good hotels and great restaurants. I was at Ecco recently but Midtown is basically a walking community so other than going to the game you will have great restaurants and bars on every block. I would list the restaurants but there are too many and they are everywhere.

Any hotel between 10th street up to 16th street and on Peachtree, West Peachtree, Sprint Street, Juniper will do you.

If you stay ITP then you risk getting murdered. I'd stay near the battery but others would probably disagree.
Jesus Christ, fear monger much? Battery sucks and so does Cobb, and it will be a ***** to both get there from the airport and get to the game from the hotel. It makes zero sense what you’re saying.

You can easily take Marta to the stadium. It has an exit there, so you don’t need to worry about driving or walking too far, or being walking distance. There are a few hotels in Buckhead walking distance from the Marta stop there (Intercontinental, W, Whitney, Grand Hyatt). You can also stay in Midtown at the W, Loews, or AC. I personally wouldn’t stay Downtown. Absolutely nothing there at night or the weekend, and you’d still have to get on Marta or an Uber to get to the stadium.

Stay in Midtown. No matter where you stay you will have to get a ride to the game. But Midtown has good hotels and great restaurants. I was at Ecco recently but Midtown is basically a walking community so other than going to the game you will have great restaurants and bars on every block. I would list the restaurants but there are too many and they are everywhere.

Any hotel between 10th street up to 16th street and on Peachtree, West Peachtree, Sprint Street, Juniper will do you.

Thanks, bro-ham. I will check it out.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, fear monger much? Battery sucks and so does Cobb, and it will be a ***** to both get there from the airport and get to the game from the hotel. It makes zero sense what you’re saying.

You can easily take Marta to the stadium. It has an exit there, so you don’t need to worry about driving or walking too far, or being walking distance. There are a few hotels in Buckhead walking distance from the Marta stop there (Intercontinental, W, Whitney, Grand Hyatt). You can also stay in Midtown at the W, Loews, or AC. I personally wouldn’t stay Downtown. Absolutely nothing there at night or the weekend, and you’d still have to get on Marta or an Uber to get to the stadium.

Thanks. I was initially thinking midtown too, it's closer than Buckhead and I knew there was some stuff to do there. Never really heard much of anybody staying in super close proximity to the stadium/downtown. @AtlAtty suggested it as well. I think it's probably close enough to the stadium where i can get there/get back easier but in a decent area with some good restaurants and bars.

BTW, I'm driving in, so the airport location is irrelevant. Except when you live in Atlanta and actually need to get there, in which it may as well be in LaGrange lol.

I’m going to be in ATL (coming from Miami) for the game, got a AirBnB like 5mins away from the stadium

want to hit up some nice restaurants down there? Any good suggestion?

Andrew I’ve lived ITP for 25 years, went to law school at Emory and stayed out til 5-6am at the 24 hour clubs (don’t ask how or why). I hung out on Marietta Blvd before it was gentrified. Only a clueless person would get robbed or hurt in Atlanta. Compared to the neighborhoods around UM’s campus this place is Easy.
The Battery has good restaurants but its pretty white washed.
To quote Coolio “if you can’t stand the heat get your *** out the kitchen”.

Advertisement
Curious as to what those of you who frequent the area and/or live in ATL suggest on where to stay. I've been to Atlanta several times but not in the last couple years and never been to a game downtown where the Mercedes-Benz Stadium is/Georgia Dome was.

So, what say y'all? Coming in Friday, leaving Sunday. Airbnb or hotel both on the table, would probably prefer Airbnb but either would work.

Stay downtown close to the stadium? Midtown? Up in Buckhead? Ideally I'd like somewhere to chill somewhat close to the place I'm staying on Friday night (15-20 min Uber is fine) and then of course want to tailgate near the stadium Saturday morning and go somewhere after the game to watch Clemson/UGA.

Thoughts?
I live in atlanta. I would choose buckhead, midtown, and downtown in that order. Yes midtown and downtown are closer to stadium but more eyecandy and things to do in buckhead.

Andrew I’ve lived ITP for 25 years, went to law school at Emory and stayed out til 5-6am at the 24 hour clubs (don’t ask how or why). I hung out on Marietta Blvd before it was gentrified. Only a clueless person would get robbed or hurt in Atlanta. Compared to the neighborhoods around UM’s campus this place is Easy.
The Battery has good restaurants but its pretty white washed.
To quote Coolio “if you can’t stand the heat get your *** out the kitchen”.
How'd you stay out until 5-6 am?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back