MLB Question

P-Tizzle

All ACC
Premium
Since Spring Training is approaching quickly, for the MLB fans here, some questions for you:

1. What is your favorite team?

2. Who is your favorite player?

3. The most memorable baseball event/moment of your life?

Mine: 1. Mets. 2. Jacob deGrom (and probably Lindor now). 3. Watching Baseball: A Ken Burns Documentary with my grandfather. My grandfather was a HUGE baseball fan. Watching that documentary with him and listening to him talk about the players, managers, and the teams that were on that documentary will always be cherished. Recently, I recorded the documentary from MLB Network and watched it with my wife.

What you got?

Advertisement
I try to watch that documentary around this time every year. Thanks for the reminder. My kid is still more interested in playing than watching, which is good, but once he's old enough we'll watch it together.

For me:

1. Marlins
2. Jose Fernandez (all-time) and Shohei Ohtani (current)
3. Watching the USA/Dominican World Baseball Classic game live. Best sporting event I've been to since the 2000 UM/FSU game.

1) Mets
2) Howard Johnson
3) -Mets winning the World Series but not really fully understanding what was going on since I was a bit too young to care. I do remember my Dad jumping up and down yelling "The Mets are Champions!" "Let's Go METS!!"

1. Rays
2. Cal Ripken Jr
3. In the stands the night Wade Boggs hit the homerun for the 3000th hit back in the old Devil Rays days

1. Blue Jays
2. Derek Jeter
3. Blue Jays playoff game (cant remember which). had a couple babes with me and hooked up with both.

Advertisement
Dodgers

Clayton Kershaw (now) Fernando Valenzuela (all-time)

Even though I hate the Red Sox, I was at the game in Camden Yards when Hideo Nomo threw the no-hitter against the O's
Also was at Camden Yards when Josh Hamilton hit 4 HR in one game.

Yankees Fan...
As a kid my favorites were pretty much everyone from the 77-78 Championship teams.. Reggie stands out as well as Thurman...
Then Jeter came along... As of now I like Judge, he just looks like a comic book character out there he's so big... lol

Yankees. Grandpa actually played for the big club intermittently in the early 60's, so our whole extended family from all over are Yankee fans.

Current is Aaron Judge, but all-time is Jeter.

Most memorable would have to be waking up and finding out Jose Fernandez died. He was my favorite non-Yankee player. That's a gut punch that will always be with me. So much talent wasted. I was even thinking about going to what turned out to be his second to last start (it was him vs. Kershaw) but didn't pull the trigger.

If we want to talk about a happier memory, the 2009 WS run was the first I could actually appreciate. A lot of good memories in that run, including A-Rod deciding to wake up and actually do something for once.

In terms of memorable games, I was at a game in 2017 where Dellin Betances threw an immaculate inning (only happened 100 times ever) so that's pretty cool.

Advertisement
Rays

Griffey (That’s where the 3 in my name comes from. I know 24 is more popular but 3 is a better football number lol)

Carlos Tosca son played on my LL team when he was the 3rd base coach for Toronto and he brought the entire team to a spring training game in Dunedin. Afterwards we had full access to the clubhouse. Watched Carlos Delgado give an interview then got autographs from him, Halladay (RIP), Chris Carpenter, Kevin Cash, Dan Plesac, Vernon Wells, Shannon Stewart, Erik Henski, Orlando Hudson, Chris Woodward, and Jose Cruz Jr. Dewayne Wise gave me a glove after I told him I was a lefty...

1. Don’t have a favorite team. I enjoy great players so I watch games for players (and fantasy purposes), not teams.

2. Tatis Jr. is my favorite player to watch. Also love Nick Markakis. Guy is one of the most underrated players in the game the last 5-10 years. He can flat out hit.

3. Too many moments from my playing days to just pick one.

I also just wanna say baseball is in the best place it’s been in, in a decade. The young talent that’s here now is on a level not seen, since idk when. If you are no longer a fan, or never were, I would suggest picking it up. We are being spoiled with all time talent and so many people are failing to realize it. The MLB does itself no favors the way it markets the game.

Advertisement
Back