Missing on talent..

tsimonitis

Senior
Premium
As much as we have missed on players in the last few years, consider this: Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Ryan Tannehill, all potential top 10 NFL picks are from the state of Texas and not recruited by the Longhorns. Think the last 4 years would have been a bit different down in Austin?

My question, Texas likes to get commits early (typically Spring of their Jr year) does this illustrate the danger of this approach?

***if this belongs on the recruiting board please move. thought that is where i was. ***

Advertisement
Texas whiffs badly bcuz they are star whores no lie. If they would take the time to evaluate they would clearly see that an Andrew Luck > Blaine Gabbert or whoever the fack they have out there throwing ducks.

Texas is done with recruiting a year before national signing day

No excuses for Texas. Even late in the game, they should be able to move pieces around based on senior year improvement. The seat will get red hot if they have another ****** year in 12

Advertisement
IMO that is what happens when you have an old HC who's checked out. Assistants target stars because they can't be "wrong" if they sign them, or at least, they don't go as far out on a limb as they'd have to to push an unrated or lower rated guy. This is bureaucracy at work.

It's results of lazy recruiting. Highly rated high school kids are pressured into going there, and Texas is pressured into taking highly rated kids. But let's not forget, they have had a pretty good run too.

Well what comes first? The recruit high ranking, or the commit?

They always get players to commit early, way before senior seasons/final player rankings come out.

My thought is the players have usually been automatically bumped up in ranking due to the fact that they committed to UT.

Advertisement
Back