Minnesotta offers $10 seat to fill stadium

Advertisement
I am afraid we need to do the same.

Ticket prices aren't the problem, you could get them for $4 last game.

It's the rape and cluster**** in the parking lot that makes a lot of people enjoy the sanctity of their couch.

yup. $10 tickets would do nothing. in fact, i believe giving away free tickets wouldn't fill the place. Only thing that will fill that stadium is storming back to relevance with wins. Even with that , a **** opponent is needed. Miami is an event town, and unless our games become events again, you will see a lot of aqua and orange in the stadium

The $30 parking is atrocious, its highway robbery. For the lower tier opponents in the OB, I could pay $5 for no blockie. When they filled up my section with free ticket holders last year, that was my last straw. I am still with the HC club and give to UM, but I get my tickets off StubHub and save a ton of money by cherry picking.

Advertisement
Only $30?
I haven't been to a game in Miami since the OB, but I do recall paying $25 for "no block you in" more than five blocks from the stadium.

So, $30 to park in grass where you actually WON'T get blocked in and you have room to tailgate is somehow robbery now?

Advertisement
The $30 parking is atrocious, its highway robbery. For the lower tier opponents in the OB, I could pay $5 for no blockie. When they filled up my section with free ticket holders last year, that was my last straw. I am still with the HC club and give to UM, but I get my tickets off StubHub and save a ton of money by cherry picking.

I do the same.

If you plan to attend all or most of the home games just get a parking pass. The orange parking passes are $130 each and works out to about $22 a game if you go to all the home games.

The parking is BS, I never paid more than $10 for parking in the OB, and really enjoyed the walk to the stadium.

I wonder how bad its gonna be for NCST

Better than BCC for sure, and a win vs GT I bet it'll actually be a decent crowd.

Minny just built a beautiful new stadium as well, there goes your, if we build it...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love how all of the fans close enough to go to home games bytch about the gameday experience for Canes football.

I'm all the way up here in facking Virginia. If I want to go see D1 football, I'm a 3 hour drive from Blackturd, and who wants to put up with VT fans for that...and a 3 hour drive from Knoxville, and again--who wants to put up with UT fans for that. The only caveat being if Miami's playing at either place.

I was going to drive the 5-6 hours down to Atlanta this weekend to go watch the GT game, but work constraints won't allow--I'll be working all weekend. I am ****ed off that I can't go. And those tix are $45/seat, not to mention the hotel and travel costs. And the major complaint you facking pansies can come up with is $30 is steep for parking???

****--I wish I lived in South Florida where I could drive an hour or less (even in traffic) to get to the stadium early, tailgate and drink my *** off, then go into the stadium and cheer my *** off for the Canes. I wouldn't care about how much parking was, as long as I had a spot to hang w/my fellow Canes to tailgate a lil, and a ticket to get into the game.

Nut up, get some sunscreen, buy one of the low price tickets, and bite the bullet on the $30 for parking...and go make the atmosphere better not just for our team, but for our home fanbase. If you're there having a good time and throwing down not giving a **** about anything but hanging out w/Canes fans and watching the Canes play ball, others WILL join in, I promise.

I love how all of the fans close enough to go to home games bytch about the gameday experience for Canes football.

I'm all the way up here in facking Virginia. If I want to go see D1 football, I'm a 3 hour drive from Blackturd, and who wants to put up with VT fans for that...and a 3 hour drive from Knoxville, and again--who wants to put up with UT fans for that. The only caveat being if Miami's playing at either place.

I was going to drive the 5-6 hours down to Atlanta this weekend to go watch the GT game, but work constraints won't allow--I'll be working all weekend. I am ****ed off that I can't go. And those tix are $45/seat, not to mention the hotel and travel costs. And the major complaint you facking pansies can come up with is $30 is steep for parking???

****--I wish I lived in South Florida where I could drive an hour or less (even in traffic) to get to the stadium early, tailgate and drink my *** off, then go into the stadium and cheer my *** off for the Canes. I wouldn't care about how much parking was, as long as I had a spot to hang w/my fellow Canes to tailgate a lil, and a ticket to get into the game.

Nut up, get some sunscreen, buy one of the low price tickets, and bite the bullet on the $30 for parking...and go make the atmosphere better not just for our team, but for our home fanbase. If you're there having a good time and throwing down not giving a **** about anything but hanging out w/Canes fans and watching the Canes play ball, others WILL join in, I promise.

This.

Right. More people who don't go to the games lecturing those who do on why paying $30 for parking and then going to a boring, sterile stadium is just awesome.

Advertisement
Right. More people who don't go to the games lecturing those who do on why paying $30 for parking and then going to a boring, sterile stadium is just awesome.
Dunno who you're talking about because I go to several road games every season and give it my all to tailgate and have a good time in addition to cheering on the Canes in hostile environments. I've paid enough dues at road games to lecture on how pussified it is to bytch about 30
dollar parking when you're a short drive from the stadium.

Maybe if crazy diehard Canes fans locally decided to actually back up their fandom and show up to the games, the atmosphere wouldn't be so sterile. If you're a Canes fan from Orlando on down, to me, there's no good excuse to miss a Canes home game unless work, family, death/sickness, or financial constraints get in the way.

Dunno who you're talking about because I go to several road games every season and give it my all to tailgate and have a good time in addition to cheering on the Canes in hostile environments. I've paid enough dues at road games to lecture on how pussified it is to bytch about 30
dollar parking when you're a short drive from the stadium.

Maybe if crazy diehard Canes fans locally decided to actually back up their fandom and show up to the games, the atmosphere wouldn't be so sterile. If you're a Canes fan from Orlando on down, to me, there's no good excuse to miss a Canes home game unless work, family, death/sickness, or financial constraints get in the way.

30 dollars for B-CC is absurd. Bottom line. And it's really not up to you, or anybody else, to judge what is a good enough "excuse" to miss a canes game.

Last edited:

Yeah when I had to pay $30 for the cash parking I said to myself, "I'm better off taking a cab. It may cost the same but I don't have to worry about driving home drunk".

Went to the Miami vs GT game last year down in Miami and this is exactly what I did. It was great!

30 dollars for B-CC is absurd. Bottom line. And it's really not up to you, or anybody else, to judge what is a good enough "excuse" to miss a canes game.
If there's $30 standing between you and watching the Canes play, I understand that there's financial hardship there and there's no reason for you to go to the game at that point. Otherwise, $30 for parking, while high, shouldn't stand in the way of going to watch the Canes play at home IF you can afford it. It's a crap excuse.

The ONLY reason I'm not going to GT is because I can't get off from work. Otherwise, I already had the tix, hotel, and finances planned out to go since back in May or so. I'm even buying a parking pass for a structure by the stadium to tailgate in that's $15 (must sound like a bargain to you).

What I find hilarious is that almost all the VA Canes I know make UVA or VT when we play, most of them make the games down around North Carolina (Wake, UNC, NCSU, Duke), and most of the ones I know try to make at least 1 home game a year as well. I've never heard them bytch about $30 parking.

Dude--I know folks from Jeannette, PA who are driving to Pittsburgh to catch a flight and come down for the GT game this weekend. I could be mistaken, but I've never heard of a $30 or less flight from Pitt to Atlanta. I've not heard any belly-aching over the price to go watch the Canes play.

There's another guy I know who drove solo from facking Independence, KS a few years ago to Jeannette to crash with those aforementioned folks JUST SO he could go to the Miami/Pitt game. 16 hours.

And yet--there are folks who sit at home within an hour's drive from the stadium, who's excuses to not go are as follows:

1) Miami's an event city, if Miami's not big I'm not going
2) Parking is $30
3) Atmosphere sucks

Well guess what?

1) If Miami's your team, and you're able to--go watch them play. Period. It's called being a loyal fan.
2) $30 parking is steep, but not a big price to pay to go hang with your fellow Canes fans and to watch the Canes play.
3) The Atmosphere sucks not because of Sun Life or a "sterile" environment compared to the OB...what made the OB was the smaller size and packing fans in that joint to make the atmosphere electric and crazy!!! Pack as many crazy-*** fans as possible into Sun Life who don't care about how sterile it is, and see if the atmosphere doesn't improve. The stadium might not be a smaller college stadium like the OB was, but if the fans all show up in mass numbers w/the right mindset--it can be wild and intimidating again. THAT PART IS UP TO THE FANS.

Advertisement
Back