Mike Smith update

D

deleted3746

-Came out to camp to show he still has a lot of interest in Miami
-Has a strong bond with Barrow
-What struck him today was how the coaches were willing and ready to teach him the game
-Barrow was working with him on his drops and the best way to transition into coverage
-Says he needs to work on his hips
-Says he wasnt overly impressed with the competition
-Juwon Young did catch his eye
-Says he and Young could be great playing together
-Says Young is a huge MIKE
-Said he thought about committing but didnt
-Says he might commit after his college tour this summer
-Doesnt have anything to compare to Miami
-Also claims offers from Clemson, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Louisville, Marshall, Miss St., USF, Texas, UCLA, Utah, WVU, and Wisconsin

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/LB-Mike-Smith-Can-See-His-Future-at-Miami-134204

Advertisement
**** it Mike cant u just commit JK keep working the commitment will come

Advertisement
Give kids their time. Its a big decision and I think its fair better that he sees other schools so he knows what he is really choosing between. Signing day is far, let the kid think it over during the summer.

I don't like any of their attitudes. I like Duke's attitude. He's like me. If I could have commited when I was in the second grade I would have.

If this class includes the following in the Front 7, we are in great shape:

DE- Thomas, Blackwood, 2 others (Jones, Clarke, etc...not as worried here just need some numbers)
DT- Stuckey, Jenkins, Clark, 1 other (Valentine I hope but won't rely on that)
LB- Young, Smith, 1 coverage type (Bayes?)

Advertisement
I don't like any of their attitudes. I like Duke's attitude. He's like me. If I could have commited when I was in the second grade I would have.

Kids like Duke are rare.

Smith isnt playing games. He is taking his time and making sure he makes the best decision possible.

Cant be mad at that.

Agreed. I'd rather him wait to commit - seeing as he's still uncertain - rather than commit and go on visits and then waffle. Sounds like we (Barrow) really made an impression.

I like this guys attitude. Hope does commit and can't wait to watch him suit up.

Agreed. I'd rather him wait to commit - seeing as he's still uncertain - rather than commit and go on visits and then waffle. Sounds like we (Barrow) really made an impression.

I like this guys attitude. Hope does commit and can't wait to watch him suit up.

Couldn't agree more. Everyone gets upset when a kid says they really like Miami, and has Miami favored but they still want to take their time to make sure they have it right. I don't want someone to commit off the huff and then later decide they don't want to be at the U. Rather have a few solid commits than a ton of 75-80% commits and come NSD, only a few stick around. Hate when they play with my mind that way!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back