Mike Smith Injured?

Advertisement
Real bad news. didnt expect him to be a major contributor, but we are pretty thin at LB, he could have seen some play time.

Anybody know the injury...the severity, type, etc.

Heal up Mike....WE NEED YOU!!!!

Advertisement
Sucks if true but he needed a RS year anyway.

Red shirting doesnt mean you just sit on your *** and wait till next year. In order for a RS to work, the kids cant be injured. Just like if Dukes injury prevents him from springball he loses out on very vital weight room time and reps in prax.

Where are you seeing this? I put Mike Smith on twitter and all I see is some **** on some goalie and as a black Jamaican from Miami idk who that guy is

Twitter saying could miss next yr?

110.gif

Advertisement
This is one guy I am sold on. **** an injury, I am ready for him to show me something worth watching with Corch d still here.

Red shirting doesnt mean you just sit on your *** and wait till next year. In order for a RS to work, the kids cant be injured. Just like if Dukes injury prevents him from springball he loses out on very vital weight room time and reps in prax.

If he doesn't play because of injury once he is academically a senior he can petition for a medical redshirt.
He can still work out and learn the defense as long as he's not in a body cast.

He's a 210 lb defensive end trying to make the transition to linebacker.
Odds are he was going to sit, gain weight and learn for a couple of years.
Just long enough for all the haters to pronounce him a JAG.

If he doesn't play because of injury once he is academically a senior he can petition for a medical redshirt.
He can still work out and learn the defense as long as he's not in a body cast.

He's a 210 lb defensive end trying to make the transition to linebacker.
Odds are he was going to sit, gain weight and learn for a couple of years.
Just long enough for all the haters to pronounce him a JAG.

Last I heard he was 225 range. Horrible LB skills though. Can only rush the passer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sucks to hear but, as stated, he can still work to learn the playbook and lift upper body which is something he'll need desperately, anyway. And with this timing, he may be ready to start moving and such by Summer. It sucks but it isn't the end of the world for the kid.

Advertisement
Back