Mike Smith cancels other visits

-says “The highlight was sitting down with the coaches and finding out how they’re using me next year,” “Coach Jethro (Franklin) said what it’s going to take for me to be ready as a true freshman. I met with Coach Golden too but we covered other topics like just getting comfortable.”

-had lined up officials to Arkansas and Louisville the last two weekends leading up to national signing day. Because of how things went at Miami, they’re off the table.

-says “I changed my mind about those visits and closed everything down,” “I feel like things are going in the right direction and Miami’s program will make a big change for next year. Our recruiting class can really help speed up that process.”

-What Smith said about the atmosphere seemed to line up with a theme of the weekend. Players and recruits were together regardless of class or geographical origins.

-says “I was hanging out with Tyre Brady, Chris Herndon, Anthony Moten, and Demetrius (Jackson),” “We were chilling around the dorms and talking with some of the players. They told us how college life is and what it’s like being a Hurricane player on campus. You have to get adapted to the schedule and stay on point with everything. You have to do things on your own since nobody is standing over you to be in classes or meetings.”

-also has figured out what he plans to major in and that was another area of interest for him this weekend.

-says “I talked to the dean of the business and management school so we made a lot of progress,” “I have to come in and take a lot of regular classes my first two years. Once I’m a junior, I’ll be able to take mostly subjects only in my major. It was good for me to find out stuff like that.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/LB-Mike-Smith-Cancels-Other-Visits-172291

Advertisement
This kid is a monster, but the best part of this whole thing is the two schools he cancelled on. Those fa-gots think they have some sort of pipeline down here now.

Mike Smith said nah nah suck muh diiiiiickkkkk.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's a place where the staff should get some credit. Kid has picked up more buzz lately, got his 4th star, rumored to be maybe taking some visits, and we locked him in and shut it down. Another local stud that we are keeping home.

My favorite part about Mike Smith is that even though he may not be the strongest, fastest, most athletic, etc... the kid is just an outstanding football player and makes plays against the best competition in the country. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back