Mike James

Advertisement
He's gonna have an opportunity early on

Bucs GM Mark Dominik "repeatedly mentioned" No. 189 overall pick RB Mike James as having the "inside track" to the No. 2 job behind Doug Martin.
Following the trade of LeGarrette Blount to New England, the backup job behind Martin is wide open. Brian Leonard will play a third-down and pass-protecting role, but he shouldn't see many carries.

Advertisement
He's the only Cane on my all-time favorite list that was not a dominant player while at UM. Just such and easy young man to root for.

mike returned kicks and played fb as a fresh. took a back seat to duke. the kid is a player. he will be a steal as a third down back. He can block and catch out of back field and does whatever necessary.

I wonder how many Canes fans remember this chronological saga.

* Mike James committed to UM.

* 1 month later Bryce Brown committed to UM.

* Reporter asks Mike James about Bryce Brown's commitment. Mike James says, "I'm not worried about it. Im looking forward to playing with BB."

* 2 months later Lamar Miller was finally able to get someone intelligent enough to pass his SAT for him, gets offered by Randy and commits to UM.

* Bryce Brown, upon hearing that Lamar Miller committed begins crying the blues about being disrespected by the Canes and schedules recruiting trips to Oregon and Tennessee.

* Reporter asks Mike James about Lamar Miller's commitment. Mike James says, "Im looking forward to the competition. Hopefully we can make each other better."

My question: How can anyone not be a fan of Mike James?

I wish nothing but the best for the homie Mike James.

Did everything asked of him at Miami, played through adversity, and was always a leader.

Advertisement

* Reporter asks Mike James about Bryce Brown's commitment. Mike James says, "I'm not worried about it. Im looking forward to playing with BB."

* 2 months later Lamar Miller was finally able to get someone intelligent enough to pass his SAT for him, gets offered by Randy and commits to UM.

* Bryce Brown, upon hearing that Lamar Miller committed begins crying the blues about being disrespected by the Canes and schedules recruiting trips to Oregon and Tennessee.

* Reporter asks Mike James about Lamar Miller's commitment. Mike James says, "Im looking forward to the competition. Hopefully we can make each other better."

One of my all-time favorites as well, kid worked his *** off and fought for everything he got. Everything he went through with the passing of his mother, my only wish is we had 1 more season with him in the backfield.

Still don't know how Bryce Brown even gets drafted... He must had a helleva sob story to make the teams feel sorry for him. But his brither, Artuhr Brown, on the other hand, has my respect; kid never cried.

Love Mike James.

I was in the stands at GT last year when he scored that last TD. One of the most memorable and joyful moments in my life.

Advertisement

You left out the part about B Brown attending a Killian game, seeing L Miller first hand AND THEN deciding to play the disrespect angle.

Advertisement
I live here in tampa but i'll be going to Korea next month for a year. sucks cause I actually had reason to go to all the free bucs games I get offered.

You left out the part about B Brown attending a Killian game, seeing L Miller first hand AND THEN deciding to play the disrespect angle.
Yup.

BB was a *****.

How so? What happened here

Advertisement
Back