Mike James performance on senior day

T

TheU1991

were you a little surprised that he didn't get more touches?

i thought he would have been a big part of the offense (at least to start the game off) with the WR's we had missing.

he only had 8 touches. only fewer this season were ND (6) and FSU (7). other than that, he was looking at anywhere from 9-22 touches the rest of the season.

am i the only one thinking he didn't get many looks on senior day?

don't know if anyone has any info, but i remember a commentator saying that Mike mouthed off a bit for getting pulled out of the game by Jedd at some point.

Advertisement
Me and my brother-in-law were watching and waiting all game for him to get some burn. It was quite shocking, honestly. Even in the 4th quarter I thought they'd try and get some plays for him and get him a touchdown...and then Crawford came in.

It was mind boggling to say the least.

i mean the more i think of it, there's no reason why Jedd would have planned around Mike just because it was senior day. i can settle with Mike not getting a ton of touches if Jedd felt it wouldn't fit the gameplan. you don't give every senior a free-for-all day just because they're seniors.

but at the same time, i thought it would have been a little special to see him bust a big run or get in the endzone a couple times.

He and Duke got 21 carries combined in a game we lead all the way. I will say it again, we are a pass first team. Obviously this game the staff felt we could exploit their weak secondary and we did. But my point still holds true. Jedd likes to throw the ball.

Also Mike isn't the type of kid to mouth off about touches. He puts team first and I bet he is just as happy with getting a W on his senior day even though he didn't put up big numbers.

Last edited:
It wasn't surprising to me. I mentioned it in the gameday thread. Our personnel groupings and substitution patterns could be interpreted to mean that our coaching staff knew we had 2 games left in the season and only 2 games to get more film. Senior Day be damned.

Advertisement
Duke is way better

Playing Mike James more cause its senior day is ridiculous to me

The senior day stuff we did at the end of a blowout which is fine, but other than that you play your best

I found it really odd too. They were running a lot to the outside, so obviously Dukes a better fit for those types of runs. The only reasonable thing I could think of was that maybe USF is really strong up the middle (not sure if they are or not havent followed USF at all) so they wanted to run on the outside w/ Duke. Obviously, Duke is already the better back but just found it odd it seemed like he was playing his least amount of snaps for the season on senior day. Either way not a bid deal.

Who cares, Mike has shown he's not the type of player to care about stats and is a team guy. I'm sure getting a win on senior day was good enough.

Advertisement
Mike don't give a **** about all that BS. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid told coaches to get Crawford some burn.

Mike had his career game at Georgia Tech. He wasn't going to top that against USF. I have no problem with the game plan.

James wasnt very effective in his limited touches. i guess they coulda put him in to pad his stats when the game was over but that would be an unnecessary risk

We will learn how good, or not so good, a back Mike James is when he plays in an NFL pre-season game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back