Miami Showing the Love to 2016 RB Fils Aime

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2016 Naples (Fla.) running back Carlin Fils-Aime could be considered a jack of all trades as he possesses good speed, good size and very good feet for a running back. Despite all those great attributes, Aime feels one talent stands above the rest.

“I feel like my ability to see the holes is my best talent. Probably reading holes and my vision is where I feel I’m the best.”

One area that Fils-Aime is looking to improve this off-season is catching the ball out of the backfield.

“I’d like to say catching the ball. I have pretty good hands, but I would like to get them better. I want to work on them and perfect that part.”

While the 5’11 175 pound running back is always looking to improve his game, his offer sheet is hard to improve as it already features some top notch schools including Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee.

Despite almost every school in the nation sending mail to Fils-Aime, the Miami Hurricanes have been showing the most love.

“I like the coaching staff, the players are really nice there. Coach (Larry) Scott is a really cool guy and coach Golden he’s a really awesome guy,” said Fils-Aime. “Seeing the school and what they teach and how it can help me out later in life.”

Fils-Aime’s teammate and close friend, Tyler Byrd, is committed to the Hurricanes and is constantly reminding him about how great Coral Gables is.

“It has an impact. We’re brothers and we live together. He does tell me that ‘The U’ is the way to go every day, so it kinda stays in my head after a while.”

The Crimson Tide is another school that seems to be on the trail of the Naples product and he’s interested to take a visit there this off-season.

“I haven’t really spoken to them much, but I like the way their running backs run and they have some really good coaches over there. I spoke with coach (Nick) Saban and he told me they can set me up for life after football as well.”

Fils Aime plans to see some schools in the summer, but doesn’t have a definite plan on it.

“I will be seeing a couple schools during the summer. I would like to go see schools like Tennessee and Alabama, but I’m not sure yet.”

In terms of what will help make this decision easy for Fils-Aime, feeling at home will be vital.

“How I feel at the school, if I feel like I can go here for four years. If it has great academics and a law program and also if the coaches have a great connection with the players.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good job.

(ahem)

The interviews are nonsense. They all essentially say the same thing. Literally, if you copy and pasted the quotes, rearranged some of the cliches and reinserted positions the owner of this site wouldn't need to hire writers.

An aside: The next time you interview a kid that talks about LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, Clemson, etc and they mention how it's a great school or they can get a great education - stop them and ask them why they believe that.

“I haven’t really spoken to them much, but I like the way their running backs run and they have some really good coaches over there. I spoke with coach (Nick) Saban and he told me they can set me up for life after football as well.”

I know I'm not the only one who read that!!!!!!!

Damnit mane our duffles probably include one sandwich bag with 10 fives... they setting kids up for life #signmeup

Advertisement
Why would this kid want to get used by Saban. Alabama is about as racist a school as there is. They still have social clubs there that don't allow minority's. Come to Miami where the culture is better and your family can see you in person. Tired of these kids getting snowballed and used for nothing by "Satan".

Advertisement
Advertisement
" I spoke with coach (Nick) Saban and he told me they can set me up for life after football as well.”

Am I the only one who finds this statement odd?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back