Miami Pushing for 2015 FSU CB Commit Cole

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
There is no question that former Head Coach Damon Cogdell did wonders for the Miramar football program, but now that he is coaching at West Virginia skeptics are doubting the Patriots. 2015 Miramar (Fla.) cornerback Tyrek Cole is looking to prove them wrong.

“The team is looking great,we have talent everywhere and we’ve been working everyday in the weight room and outside. The message we’re trying to send is that basically we’re still a great team even though our head coach left. We have a new head coach, we want to prove that we can keep the program moving and be the same Miramar.”

The 2015 Florida State commit made his pledge to the Seminoles back in January, but is still being courted by multiple other schools. When asked if he’s still entertaining the pitches from the other schools Cole responded, “Of course, of course, of course. Absolutley!.”

One of the main schools that is drawing the attention of Cole is the hometown Miami Hurricanes, who happen to be showing a great amount of interest.

“Everyday I communicate with all the coaches from Miami, Miami is a great program. I was actually down there last night and it was great.”

The 2015 shut down corner was present at Miami’s basketball game in which he got a chance to tour campus, watch basketball and hangout with the coaches.

“When we first got down there, we got to eat. Then coach D and coach Paul (WIlliams) took me to go watch film and then we went to the basketball game. I enjoyed it and we also got to try on the jerseys.”

When asked for a rating of the visit, Cole responded with a “10 of 10.”

The Hurricanes are making a big push for Cole and it seems to have made a big effect on his commitment.

“It’s basically a tie, but I’m still committed to Florida State.”

When asked for a better understanding of where Miami stands Cole said, “ Florida State is my leader, then comes Miami, then South Carolina and then Florida.”

During the offseason, the Miramar product plans on seeing Florida, Florida State, Miami and Ohio State.

With all these schools still recruiting Cole vigorously, what’s it going to take to possibly flip the blue chip corner?
“I just gotta see the facilities and see them in person because anybody can tell you anything, so it’s better when you see it in person.”

Advertisement
Thanks Tito. That's an encouraging read and a position we will need to load up on. It seems that last year we lost a bunch of guys towards the end. I know it's still early, but with the possibility of sanctions in the rear view, and all of these kids claiming interest, like they did last year, do you get a sense that something may be changing for the better and we are progressing back to building a State of Miami around Southern Florida or do you think it's the same old story???

Last edited:
Thanks Tito. That's an encouraging read and a position we will need to load up on. It seems that last year we lost a bunch of guys towards the end. I lnow ot's dtill early, but with the possobility of sanctions in the rear view, and all of these kids claiming interest, like they did last year, do you get a sense that something may be changing for the better and we are progressing back to building a State of Miami around Southern Florida or do you think it's the same old story???

There's no real clear cut answer, but I can assure you the the relief of no more question about sanctions is a tremendous load off the staffs back and it allows them to fight with both hands now in recruiting battles.

Thanks Tito. That's an encouraging read and a position we will need to load up on. It seems that last year we lost a bunch of guys towards the end. I lnow ot's dtill early, but with the possobility of sanctions in the rear view, and all of these kids claiming interest, like they did last year, do you get a sense that something may be changing for the better and we are progressing back to building a State of Miami around Southern Florida or do you think it's the same old story???

There's no real clear cut answer, but I can assure you the the relief of no more question about sanctions is a tremendous load off the staffs back and it allows them to fight with both hands now in recruiting battles.

So true i dont think fans truly understood how much of a burden it was in recruiting kids from here or any other state!!!

Advertisement
Thanks Tito for your hardwork your are appreciated!!..... As for Cole I get the vibe like he is going to play the recruiting game tell all the sites what they want to hear and attempt to make a Tracy Howard, Dalvin Cook type announcement. If we win I think he is ours. If we have a bad season and lose to Florida St again I think he stays with the Noles.

Thanks Tito for your hardwork your are appreciated!!..... As for Cole I get the vibe like he is going to play the recruiting game tell all the sites what they want to hear and attempt to make a Tracy Howard, Dalvin Cook type announcement. If we win I think he is ours. If we have a bad season and lose to Florida St again I think he stays with the Noles.

Yeah I agree a think a lot of these recruiting battles will be won on the field when FSU comes to town

Advertisement
Lets see how the SFE trips go with irvin, Johnson and Cronkrite and see if they all start plotting about playing together. The 4 of them are starting to build a relationship and I know that Gibson and Cronkrite are starting to get really cool as well.

Advertisement
There is no question that former Head Coach Damon Cogdell did wonders for the Miramar football program, but now that he is coaching at West Virginia skeptics are doubting the Patriots. 2015 Miramar (Fla.) cornerback Tyrek Cole is looking to prove them wrong.

“The team is looking great,we have talent everywhere and we’ve been working everyday in the weight room and outside. The message we’re trying to send is that basically we’re still a great team even though our head coach left. We have a new head coach, we want to prove that we can keep the program moving and be the same Miramar.”

The 2015 Florida State commit made his pledge to the Seminoles back in January, but is still being courted by multiple other schools. When asked if he’s still entertaining the pitches from the other schools Cole responded, “Of course, of course, of course. Absolutley!.”

One of the main schools that is drawing the attention of Cole is the hometown Miami Hurricanes, who happen to be showing a great amount of interest.

“Everyday I communicate with all the coaches from Miami, Miami is a great program. I was actually down there last night and it was great.”

The 2015 shut down corner was present at Miami’s basketball game in which he got a chance to tour campus, watch basketball and hangout with the coaches.

“When we first got down there, we got to eat. Then coach D and coach Paul (WIlliams) took me to go watch film and then we went to the basketball game. I enjoyed it and we also got to try on the jerseys.”

When asked for a rating of the visit, Cole responded with a “10 of 10.”

The Hurricanes are making a big push for Cole and it seems to have made a big effect on his commitment.

“It’s basically a tie, but I’m still committed to Florida State.”

When asked for a better understanding of where Miami stands Cole said, “ Florida State is my leader, then comes Miami, then South Carolina and then Florida.”

During the offseason, the Miramar product plans on seeing Florida, Florida State, Miami and Ohio State.

With all these schools still recruiting Cole vigorously, what’s it going to take to possibly flip the blue chip corner?
“I just gotta see the facilities and see them in person because anybody can tell you anything, so it’s better when you see it in person.”

316.gif

To me is sounds like he is ready to flip but just wants to be sure its the right decision. I have to go watch film on because i have seen any yet but sounds like he is really good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back