Miami needs to add Virtual Reality Training from STRIVR

Paranos

All-ACC
This was briefly discussed in an older thread about 2 years ago and other schools jumped at the chance an it benefited them.

Link to Company
STRIVR | Immersive Training Solutions

An last year Clemson used it and we all say the growth and performance in the Clemson QB. This system could help all 4 Miami QB's improve their learning curve for Richts new offensive system. It is not cheap but Miami is supposedly ready to spend money to invest in the support systems for the football program.

[video=youtube;0XKxvKEFBps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKxvKEFBps[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw a demo of this.. It can really help a QB.

In a world with virtual reality training tools, we're using remote control helicopters. Because Of course we are.

Advertisement
Some NFL teams are now starting to utilize Strivr as an player evaluation tool at the NFL combine, it makes alot of sense. Miami definitely needs to add this. An it would help alleviate the blow to Miami's skill players development from missing practice time due to weather cancellation.

Article about how STRIVR is being used at NFL Combine to evaluate players FBI.
Virtual reality is future of NFL scouting combine and here's what it looks like - Yahoo Sports

Go Canes

Advertisement
Are we using the GPS system to track how the players workout? I know we did a little with the old staff but I think that was just a trial.

Are we using the GPS system to track how the players workout? I know we did a little with the old staff but I think that was just a trial.

They were too busy flying remote control drones around practice, as well as watching YouTube videos on how to run a proper screen with Google Glass.

Anything to fool people, lighter shoes , wind resistant shirts, hologram helmets, jetpack cleats, spiderman gloves. Jesus christ man

Advertisement

Yes Miami is still using the Catapult Sports system.
Catapult USA | Wearable Technology for Elite Sports

A lot of schools use it now. An especially with the Florida heat you need a system like this, to help monitor players workload.

Link to another article about how Miami and other Florida schools use the GPS system
Miami Hurricanes football team goes high-tech to help players succeed, stay healthy - Sun Sentinel

Go Canes

Last edited:
An Miami still has reached out to Strivr, which would have been ideal for this time of team separation and installing a new offensive system.

But hey what do I know.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Bobby petrino used VR at Louisville to help Lamar Jackson become a much better passing QB after his freshman year.

Go Canes

We were about 5 years behind when it came to the catapult system.

20 years behind for the IPF

6 years behind on Strivr.

We were about 5 years behind when it came to the catapult system.

20 years behind for the IPF

6 years behind on Strivr.

Instead of UM athletic department went the gimmick route instead of real VR training.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back