Miami in top group for Georgia DE Jones

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The early bird catches the worm. 2014 South Cobb (Ga.) DE Justin Jones (6’3”, 260) received his first offer from the University of Miami back in early April and the ‘Canes seem to have the upper hand because of it.

“I wasn’t expecting it at all because that was my first offer. I was excited, calling everybody. It’s cool because when that happens, you know you’re about to blow up. But once you go through the process, you can’t just go with the school that just came to you, you have to pick a school that’s been with you. Most schools offer because others offered. I don’t even know how they found out about me,” said Jones.

Two of Miami’s coaches have made an impression on the Georgia standout.

“Coach Jethro (Franklin) and Coach (Micheal) Barrow are recruiting me. They’re cool, laidback, and their coaching style is completely different. You can talk to them about anything and just chill with them.”

Jones will be down in Miami within the next couple weeks to visit.

“I’m planning to go there on June 7th to visit the campus and go to the camp. Miami’s the only visit planned right now and that’s first up. After that, I don’t even know.”

Although Miami is amongst his top group, Jones wouldn't go so far as to say the ‘Canes are his flat-out leader.

“I don’t really have a leader right now, but I’d say they’re in the top 5. Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Wake Forest, and Vandy are there too.”

Jones seems content with the current group recruiting him.

“I think I’m good where I’m at.”

Miami has made a positive impression on Jones’ mother.

“The school part is the biggest thing for her and she loves that about Miami. To have the opportunity to play college football and go to one of the top schools in the country is a blessing.”

Spring practice has been a different experience for Jones this year with college coaches looking on.

“It does affect the way you play because you feel like somebody is always watching you, but you just have to perform like any other day.”

**Jones describes himself as “fast off the edge and always around the ball”
**He hopes to have a decision by the middle of his season

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he prioritizes academics, Wake Forest and especially Vandy pose the biggest threats. We should be good enough though if he really enjoys his visit

Advertisement
Kid has a good highlight reel. It sounds like if he enjoys his trip he will commit onnthe spot.

Go Canes

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1txn-BQCINg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=1txn-BQCINg

97.gif

Advertisement
Back