Miami hires Michigan Recruiting Coordinator Doherty

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
MDoherty.jpg

Sources tell CanesInSight.com that Mark Richt has hired Matt Doherty, Michigan’s current Recruiting Coordinator, in the same role. Doherty was the former Assistant Director of Football Operations and Director of Player Personnel at Miami from 2011-late 2014.

The 30-year-old Doherty is a 2008 graduate of Miami’s school of business administration. He began his career in 2009 as a scouting assistant with the New England Patriots.

Eric Josephs and Jorge Baez will remain on staff.

Advertisement
pete didn't you write something about wanting Richt to bring this guy back a month or so ago

Advertisement
Also glad to see Richt is holding his word I remember he said in some radio interview that building a staff outside of the big name coaches is equally important and this is a big snag

Big pickup for Miami.

Richt made the support staff a huge importance at UGA and he's doing it again here at Miami. Doherty one of the best in the biz. Big move by bringing Doherty back home. He was one of few to escape Golden.

Advertisement
Dude straight GRINDS. Hard working guy with a high ceiling. Can claim victories like landing the number 1 recruit in the nation. Amazing catch

Man, I am SOOO pumped at the staff that Richt has put together, the recruiting results we're seeing, the interest he's generated in the program...man! EXCITED!

Put in the work, boys!

from a U of M article

Partridge isn’t the only member of the recruiting staff espousing Michigan’s many virtues. He has two partners in that effort, starting with Matt Doherty. The former University of Miami recruiting coordinator has played a key role in helping Michigan expand its footprint in the talent rich state of Florida. Doherty was the point man at satellite camp in Miami, and the Wolverines have already picked up four commitments from prospects from that area. Delray Beach (Fla.) Atlantic cornerback Antwaine Richardson, Cooper City (Fla.) defensive end Rashad Weaver, and Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan safeties Josh Metellus Devin Gil have all committed to Michigan in the last month. The Maize & Blue is also among the favorites to land Flanagan four-star linebacker Devin Bush.
The Sunshine State, though, is a fraction of Doherty’s recruiting responsibilities. He assists in much of the national recruiting effort also. The third rung in Michigan’s recruiting wheel, however, is much more specialized.

also his salary at Michigan was 104k

tumblr_nb4yasoLbJ1qlrzzdo1_500.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, did we outbid U-M? Gotta think they at least put up a fight to keep him. If so, wow, we finally opening the checkbook for real. I didn't think UM had the cheese to add more staff. I wish we could find out how much the entire staff is costing UM.

Man it's refreshing to type staff and not staph.

Wait, so the Bagman looking fella we got as TE Coach ISN'T the recruiting coordinator? Thought he would be

Advertisement
Back