Miami Flo's Predictions

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Not sure why, but Flo is a lightning rod that generates a lot of hate on this board. To me, he's just someone that loves the Canes and has sauces. I don't think his sauces are in the same league as @Cribby or @LeedsCane, but he has broken news that eventually turned out to be true. The haters will tell you he misses on all his predictions. So I think its worthwhile to track his predictions (sorta like Crystal Ball accuracy on 247). The good news is we should be able to get feel for his hit percentage pretty quickly cause he's got a number of near term predictions outstanding. Its not like he just regurgitates what he sees on 247 and other boards.

Criteria for the predictions:

1. These are predictions that as far as I can tell, Flo was first out of the gate with
  2. These are predictions that are measurable with verifiable dates.
  3. These are predictions that I heard on the show. There are quite likely some I missed (especially during the 2022 season as I took a hiatus for Canes programming cause I was too frustrated with the season)
  4. Multiple predictions can't include the same commit but with different time durations. If that happens, its a push.

Recruiting Hit Rate: 73% (63/86)
Non-Recruiting Hit Rate: 66% (4/6)

2024 Recruiting Predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
3/24We're going to get 2-3 commits soon
3/24One of these commits is going to be a big boy (i.e. highly rated), a recruit that will have an impact on other recruits
3/24Mario is bringing in 2-3 elite O-lineman this cycle. Maybe a 4th
3/24Mario is going to be hard to beat for Mills
2/2DNic will sign the #1 LB class in the nation
1/28There will be some good recruiting news (for Miami) this weekLamar Williams committedHit
1/28We need to do something wrong to not get DJ Pickett (he reminded us he said the same thing about JoJo last cycle)
1/22Double digit numbers exiting the program after the spring game (guessing between 10-15)
1/14I expect some craziness to happen in the portal soonTons of elite Bama players hit the portalHit

2023 Recruiting Predictions
12/10Doesn't think Jeremiah Smith is sticking w/O$U anymoreLater on in the show and the next week, said still wouldn't be surprised if he picks O$UNot Applicable
12/10Re-affirmed he still expects at least two more blue chippers before signing dayMultiple flips of blue chip playersHit
12/7Expects QB will be committed by Sunday and to discuss him on the Sunday showNo public commitsMiss
12/7Expects 2 DTs will be committed by SundayNo public commitsMiss
12/7Talks w/the NC ST DT in advance stage, expects him to commitCommitted on Dec 15Hit
12/5Two more flips locked inNever got the names, but we had multiple flipsHit
12/5We're about to flip a Gator commitJackson flipped on December 9Hit
12/5We're bringing at least 3 more blue chip guys that are not in the class already1. Jackson
2. Lyle
3. Blount
4. Hayes
Hit
12/3Another BIG FISH is still coming. By next Sunday's show, whale should've landedJackson/staff agreed on a mutual exit. Whales don't get pushed out of a class.Miss
11/26Big Time player (context was 5*) announcing as soon as this week for MiamiScott flipped to the CanesHit
11/268-10 will portal out before the bowl game10 hit the portal before the bowl gameHit
11/263-5 will portal out after the bowl game4 hit the portal after the bowl gameHit
11/264-6 will portal out after spring
11/2620-25 players are going to leave the program by the end of August. Some guys will hold on until the spring game.
11/23We're about to flip a guy everybody wants. Its a defensive player.Scott flipped to the CanesPush
10/31Now thinks we end up w/two whales this cycle. Original prediction was three.Scott flipped to the CanesHit
10/31Mario may pull out not just one but TWO rabbits (aka whales) out of the hat in DecemberScott flipped to the CanesPush
10/31There's a strong chance to flip a big whale DT in this cycleScott flipped to the CanesHit
10/31There's Silent commit who plays safetyMincey switched late to BamaMiss
10/31We have two flips in the bagDuplicate
10/31Thinks its likely we get 3-5 flips total (including the two above)Duplicate
10/31Unless the Gates dramatically up the offer, Adarius "Hitman" Hayes is a strong flip candidateFlipped to the CanesHit
10/28Expects recruiting buzz in the next 2-3 days
10/20Do you think Jones is going to flip to FSU. A: I don't think so. (No)Signed w/the CanesHit
10/20Is OSU going to flip Chance? A: I wouldn't worry about it.Signed w/the CanesHit
10/12nd flip coming VERY, VERY soonStill don't know who this was, multiple candidatesHit
10/13rd flip will happen before the end of the seasonStill don't know who this was, multiple candidatesHit
10/1All three of his flips will happen before the season is doneDuplicate
9/27Miami is currently working on flipping a big time QB committed elsewhereFlip Never happenedNot Applicable
9/27Still expects Booker Pickett to commit (in the near term)Commmitted to the Canes Oct 19Hit
9/27Canes have a silent commit. Says name was mentioned in the previous five minutes of the show [Options are Pickett, Mincey, Breland, Lyle, McCray]Likely was talking about Mincey (guessing though)Duplicate
9/10Recruiting is going to pick up and its going to pick up fastAccelerated at the endHit
9/10Expect a 24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 daysNo public commitsMiss
9/10Expect another recruit beyond the '24 recruit to commit in the next 7-10 days (Flo declined to specify the class)Blount committedHit
8/28There's going to be name leaking out in the next couple weeks that we're trying to flip.D$ said on 9/2 Miami is likely to try to flip Ny Carr (UGA commit)Hit
8/28Watch the AJ Hairston recruitment. Miami may be circling back here.
8/27Keep an eye on the Colorado DT commit
8/27We're going to flip a WR (and its not McCoy like everyone thinks)Carr flippedHit
8/27We may flip a 2nd WRNever happenedMiss
8/27Miami is going to get another big name DT by December, hold me to it.ScottHit
8/20Would be shocked if JoJo flipsSigned NLI w/CanesHit
7/16There is a recruit on the table that you could say is silently committed. Could pop this week, could wait to the BBQNot aware of a silent commit that went public on or before the BBQMiss
7/16Feels really good about two recruits committing in the next 3 weeks (including BBQ week). Would put money down on it.Only one commit before/during the BBQ weekendMiss
7/14Hartline's reign of terror over elite SFL WR recruiting ends after this cycle, the guard starts changing THIS cycle
7/4Flo thinks we end up w/more than 3 Whales on the DL
7/4We will sign at least another 10 recruits by the end of the cycle
7/4At least 5 of our current 3* recruits will be upgraded to 4* or higher by the end of the cycle
7/4We will be in it with Wingo until signing day (still has an OV scheduled for in season)
7/2By the mid August, we'll be at 18/19 commitsHit
7/2We're picking up a recruit this weekLightfoot committed on July 3Hit
7/2As long as we don't look like complete crap on the field, we're going to be ok with this recruiting classImprovement from 2022 albiet still disappointing.Hit
7/2There's no reason to be panicked or concerned right nowTop 5 classDuplicate
7/2Two whales have committed silently. Flo also said silent commits mean nothing until they verbalIDK who these were
6/25Watch the Gators w/Hawkins. UF panicked when Chance wouldn't flip, threw the bag at HawkinsCommitted to the Lizards on 6/26Hit
6/19Our next commit will be a WRMack committed firstMiss
6/19Would be shocked if Gators stay in Top 10 after their upcoming season (and corresponding decommits)Gator class implodedHit
6/19Our class will finish in the Top 10Top 5Hit
6/15We have a couple guys who could pop soon (this was before Lofton committed)Lofton and Riley committed within a weekHit
6/15Don't think the Gators (or anyone else) can throw a wrench in the BBQ like they did last yearNo shenanigans from the Gates this yearHit
6/15He thinks we land Riley after this weekend's visit. We're in a good spot.Riley committed on June 19Hit
6/12By December, he thinks we're getting 3 DL "whales" and there's a shot at a 4th3 DL Whales confirmedHit
6/11Miami's in very good position with both Zaquan Patterson and Joshisa "JoJo" Trader. Unless Miami messes up the recruitment or stop recruiting them, they will be CanesBoth signedHit
6/11We've got serious traction with one elite recruit after this weekend and he may pop sooner than laterElijah committed June 15Hit
6/7JUCO corner likes Miami a lot and a good chance that he picks Miami on FridayCommitted to MiamiHit
6/7There will be 2-3 CBs portal out after this year due to playing time concernsGraves hit the portal
6/7Robert Stafford is special, you'll hear his name being mentioned a lot after fall campHighlighted by D$ in the 6/8 Bank. Made huge impression alreadyMiss
6/7The flips are all 4* and 5*HitDuplicat
6/7We're in a good spot for Friday. Pay attention on FridayJUCO corner already covered on earlier predictionPush
6/5Miami had a major blue chip offensive recruit visit silently this weekend. Expects details will be public by next Sunday.No public info on this recruit.Miss
6/1There will be a MINIMUM of five commits by the 2nd week in JulyWe're at five commits from recruits that visited.Hit
6/1The whale (5*) trend will start this monthJones Committed July 14
Trader Committed July 13
Lightfoot committed on July 3
Hit
5/30Monitor the Colin Hurley recruitment (unsure if this qualifies as a prediction)
5/30Miami is after another blue-chip QB that hasn't been publicly leaked (yet)
5/30Flo expects we will have between 16-18 commits before the HS season starts.See 7/2 for similar predictionPush
5/28Good news on the DL is coming very, very soon, much sooner than you thinkLightfoot, Jones and Rudolph. Not what we were expecting, but still technically good newsHit
5/22June could end up being the greatest month in Miami recruiting historyThis one is looking suspect.
5/15Mario is about to flip some major "big boy" recruitsNumerous flipsDuplicate
5/15Jason Taylor is going to be problem for other teams on the trailRecruiter of the yearHit
5/15Multiple "good things" happened at the pool party and they involved gymnastics
5/14UM will sign at least two more pieces before fall camp
5/10In the next 2-3 days we're getting more good news from the portalHit
5/10We're getting another DTHit
5/10Help is on the way for the WR roomHit
5/102024 Recruiting Class. Those who love top 3 or top 5 classes will be happy.Top 5Duplicate
5/102024 Recruiting Class. Focus this year is elite DT and WR recruits. Its insane on how many elite guys we're after.Very nice DT and WR classesHit
5/7Flo expects at least 3 portal commits by May 21. One is on lock, feels good about two other onesHit
4/30He expects to be discussing portal commits on next Sunday's show. Results: Hit. There was a commit to discuss.Hit
4/29There will be an all-conference player, in a position of need, that will be announcing for the Canes by the second week of May. Waiting for classes to complete firstMiss
4/29We're getting at least one if not two DTs from the portal.Hit
4/29There are two guys from the portal that we have in the bag (WR/DT). He feels strongly about these twoHit
4/29If Feagans is willing to play safety, he'll be a Cane. He if wants to be a CB, he won't be a Cane.Hit
4/20By next Thursday, there should be clarity with the who we're getting from portal. Portal is about to get hot, there's news coming.Miss
4/20They've targeted someone who's not yet in the portal to come in an be the starting QB (if TVD left)Miss
4/20Flo doesn't see how TVD stays and it works out unless he has an elite year.Blew upHit
4/16Flo says a very surprising/shocking name from Miami is going to (may) enter the portal but we'll be ok even if they enterPush
4/16There will be multiple surprises entering the portalMiss
4/9Trader is a Cane. I don't care what anyone else says or who's he crystal balled to. He will be signing with Miami.Trader committed July 13Hit
4/9I would be surprised if Lagway sticks to his UF commitment. Unsure if we flip him thoughSigned w/UFHit
3/31By mid-season, Dimitry Nicolas will no longer be an under the radar 3* recruit. His recruitment is going to blow up.Committed to Auburn on August 25Hit
3/30Guys are going to pop soon. Expect crystal balls to drop by Mon/Tue.Hit
3/30We are going to get a surprise commit before April 8 (and its not Air Noland). There's a BOOM comingFlo said this was Judd. Judd isn't a BOOMMiss
3/30We are going to take at least the same number of High School commits as the 2023 cycle
3/26Chris Wheatley-Humphrey will be a Cane.Hit
3/26There will be a major coaching announcement this week.Hit
3/26There is a strong likelihood of multiple (2x) commits being public prior to Air Noland's announcement in early AprilOnly Judd announced prior to April 8Miss
2/22We will get a minimum of 3 DTs this cycleGot 4 DTsDuplicate
2/19Flo loves the AJ Hairston offer. In 4 months, he will have quite a few offers and be invited to major camps and post-season games.Signed w/UMassMiss
1/29There will be one signing day surprise for MiamiNone happened.Miss
1/21At least 1-2 portal commits by this TuesdaySame commit can't count for multiple predictionsPush
1/21Iowa corner committing on Monday, would be very surprised if he's not a CaneHit
1/15Flo says we're going to get a least one more commit from the portal in the next week (covered by 1/21 prediction)Roberts enrolled last week BUT he's covered by the 1/21 prediction.Push
1/8There will be a couple of transfer portal commitments this weekDeen and McCormickHit
1/2Expect news on the Air Nolan front in the near termNothing until AprilMiss
1/2There will be multiple commits at the latest by next MondayLee and DeenHit

2023 Non-Recruiting Predictions

6/25Riley Williams is about to change the game at the University of Miami. Said take receipts on this.
3/26There will be a major coaching announcement this week.Hit
2/5At the end of this week (by next Sunday evening), there will be an OC announcement.Happened much laterMiss
2/5He'll be shocked if there's no announcement (OC or DC) by Monday. Since #1 covers the OC, this one is DC only.Guidry announced on TuesdayHit
1/13Flo says he'll be shocked if there isn't coaching change news within the next six days (later on, adjusted to the week/week and half)Ponce went back to APSU to be OC.Hit
1/13FSU has NIL issues/problems too (ala the Gators) and news will break soon (few weeks)Miss

2022 Recruiting Predictions

12/11Bain will be a CaneHit
12/11Fletcher likely a Cane if he visits next weekendHit
12/11Francisco Mauigoa will be a CaneHit
12/9Christopher Johnson Jr will be a CaneHit
7/31UF shenanigans only delayed things, the 24 recruits are still going to make a statement within the next few weeks.Never happenedMiss
7/24We get a minimum of 3 commits in the next week and most likely 4 commit. These seven days include not just the BBQ but all six days leading up to the BBQAbram bailed him out, Bonsu was expected. Possible Samson was the 4thHit
7/22Flo predicted that multiple commits to other schools would attend the BBQConfirmed by D$Hit
7/22Flo said its very likely multiple flips could happen at the BBQ.No flipsMiss
7/222024 recruits were going to make a huge statement at the BBQFlo said UF shaningans prevented itMiss
7/22Flo predicted last week that DT recruiting will heat up like an inferno in the next 2-3 weeksTerrible DT cycle in 23Miss

2022 Non-Recruiting Predictions

12/25There will be at least one coaching change this weekFlo says he was talking about Ed Reed taking the Cookman coaching position.Push

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
lot of hate for the guy. I’m not a flo follower but I occasionally catch his show as well as max’s. Both are good dudes who love the U and also happen to have some really good connects. Flo and max have more connects than virtually all of these other “reporters” on other sites.

I don't doubt the guys love for the team or supposed sources, but I think that's exactly what causes him to be overzealous and makes people dismissive of the predictions after the "we gettin everybody" forecasts inevitably fall flat.

I don't doubt the guys love for the team or supposed sources, but I think that's exactly what causes him to be overzealous and makes people dismissive of the predictions after the "we gettin everybody" forecasts inevitably fall flat.

Well, he’s just repeating what he heard and yeah, if he’s hearing a lot of good stuff then he’s gonna get hyped. As for aguero and alinen, he wasn’t exactly the only one that was guessing they were coming at one point. Iirc, he had gattis back in January so I know he’s plugged in.

Advertisement
This **** really ****es me off.
There are few people that have some inside knowledge and are generous enough to share it with people on the board, or on their YouTube shows. Some times it doesn’t work out due to recruiting being a completely unpredictable, ever changing, and fluid, especially when money is involved.
Then when a recruit changes his mind or pushes out his commitment date, some people lose their mind and start attacking the people that just provided input based on what they heard, like a bunch of immature spoiled brats.
I’m grateful for the information Cibby, Leeds, Flo etc. provide and hope they keep it coming but if I had any inside information, I wouldn’t bother sharing due to the ingrate’s.
I’m sure these same losers are the same way in real life and can not handle bad news or adversity. I feel sorry for them, their family and friends. They probably treat them as bad or worse when challenges come up.

Advertisement
Wait, so the guy predicts that at a function designed to elicit commitments will in fact get commitments?

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

This **** really ****es me off.
There are few people that have some inside knowledge and are generous enough to share it with people on the board, or on their YouTube shows. Some times it doesn’t work out due to recruiting being a completely unpredictable, ever changing, and fluid, especially when money is involved.
Then when a recruit changes his mind or pushes out his commitment date, some people lose their mind and start attacking the people that just provided input based on what they heard, like a bunch of immature spoiled brats.
I’m grateful for the information Cibby, Leeds, Flo etc. provide and hope they keep it coming but if I had any inside information, I wouldn’t bother sharing due to the ingrate’s.
I’m sure these same losers are the same way in real life and can not handle bad news or adversity. I feel sorry for them, their family and friends. They probably treat them as bad or worse when challenges come up.
Flo, is that you? Putting Flo in the same sentence as Cribby should get you banned for 6 months.

Advertisement
Back