Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
So given that my methodology (or lack thereof) got called out on tonight show, I updated the OP with the prediction criteria

Criteria for the predictions:
  1. These are predictions that as far as I can tell, Flo was first out of the gate with
  2. These are predictions that are measurable with verifiable dates.
  3. These are predictions that I heard on the show. There are quite likely some I missed (especially during the 2022 season as I took a hiatus for Canes programming cause I was too frustrated with the season). This can clearly be seen in the gap in predictions in the OP. In the end, statistically, the percentage will become more and more accurate the large the sample size of predictions. Right now, the sample size is too small to draw any conclusions.

Does this include the UCF kid?
I don't think so based because he was talking about future events. Last week's prediction is still open until tomorrow. If something happens tomorrow, it would fill both predictions.

@PIPO , I think he's feeling good about the Iowa corner. Said as long as Bama doesn't drop a massive, beyond market bag, we're looking good.

News to me that Bama was sniffing around for that corner.

Advertisement
@PIPO , I think he's feeling good about the Iowa corner. Said as long as Bama doesn't drop a massive, beyond market bag, we're looking good.

News to me that Bama was sniffing around for that corner.
The Iowa corner is also the guy that Andrew Ferrelli I believe alluded to like 3-4 weeks ago non the Manny podcast.

Bama news is surprising.

The Iowa corner is also the guy that Andrew Ferrelli I believe alluded to like 3-4 weeks ago non the Manny podcast.
I agree. I've been trying to figure out who the B10 corner was and this is the only candidate.

Advertisement
Currently at 75% after nailing the 1/2 Show predictions.

Monday 1/2 Show Prediction
  • Expect news on the Air Nolan front in the near term
  • There will be multiple commits at the latest by next Monday. Results: Hit. Lee and Deen committed by Monday deadline.
You're being a little loose here, my friend. You wrote "a couple" before but "multiple" now. Personally, I'm waiting for Roberts to commit this week so we can chalk this up as a miss!

Edit: I see one was 1/2 and the other 1/8. I guess he doubled down or was just being vague AF on 1/2 (i.e., not saying they would be transfers).

Edit: I see one was 1/2 and the other 1/8. I guess he doubled down or was just being vague AF on 1/2 (i.e., not saying they would be transfers).
There is overlap in the two predictions (i.e. Monday) and they both were plural. At least one more is needed this week to fulfill the 1/8 prediction. I don't remember him specifying portal or HS on 1/2 but he did say portal last night.

My bad. Typo above. Should've been up to 66% (8/12) so far not 75%.

Sample size remains small so not realistic to draw any conclusions at this point

Currently at 75% after nailing the 1/2 Show predictions.

Monday 1/2 Show Prediction
  • Expect news on the Air Nolan front in the near term
  • There will be multiple commits at the latest by next Monday. Results: Hit. Lee and Deen committed by Monday deadline.
Predicting multiple commits to be two portal additions isn't as big of a hit as you think it is. Of course Miami is going to add portal additions. It's the HS recruiting that he completely sucks at. Predicting a team will add players to the portal? No ****. Miami needs to add 20 players, no **** they will add players from the portal.

Advertisement
Currently at 69% after hitting last week's prediction

Sunday 1/8 Show Predictions
  • There will be a couple of transfer portal commitments this week: Results: Hit. Deen and McCormick. Cam clearly committed a while back because Gaby says he's already enrolled. Either way though, both happened w/in the window.

• Friday 1/13 Canes Chat
    • Flo says he'll be shocked if there isn't coaching change news within the next six days (later on, adjusted to the next week/week and half).
    • FSU has NIL issues/problems too (ala the Gators) and news will break soon (few weeks)

Advertisement
  • Friday 1/13 Canes Chat
    • Flo says he'll be shocked if there isn't coaching change news within the next six days (later on, adjusted to the next week/week and half).
Flo's Timeline and D$ timeline from the 1/16 Bank are lining up. Looking like we exit OC purgatory soon.

I was told on Wednesday that the timetable for staff changes was ten days (by end of this week). This is my educated guess, but that tells me Mario wants to completely close the initial talent acquisition window before moving on to staff changes.

Advertisement
Back