Miami Baseball Season Projections

View as article
Advertisement
Great job. Great projection.

I think the third game of the NC State series, coupled with the extreme negativity of the Board at the time, soured him.

Shame, because he was arguably the best poster on the site.
Don't blame him. The Gator Troll polluted the whole board. It is amazing that there are no posts from him/her now that the team is rolling.

Advertisement
Obviously have some personal interest in this because I built the models and ran the projections so I’ve been rooting for them to get to 37 before the end of the season. Four to go to get two more wins, pretty solid chance we see it happen. Thanks for the bump/props.

I’ve tracked the numbers all season, so it won’t be hard to give an update at the end. Freshmen/newcomers are very hard to peg and that was the case here as Lala and Vilar are way off on the low side and Chet Moore and Crosbie are on the high side. Missed on Van Belle as well.

It’s true that I let some negativity get to me on here, but we also just had our third child and I decided to go back to corporate life so I’ve just watched from afar and posted less.

D wants a baseball podcast before the postseason starts so hopefully we can put that together to give some coverage to the baseball board. They’ve earned it this year.

Obviously have some personal interest in this because I built the models and ran the projections so I’ve been rooting for them to get to 37 before the end of the season. Four to go to get two more wins, pretty solid chance we see it happen. Thanks for the bump/props.

I’ve tracked the numbers all season, so it won’t be hard to give an update at the end. Freshmen/newcomers are very hard to peg and that was the case here as Lala and Vilar are way off on the low side and Chet Moore and Crosbie are on the high side. Missed on Van Belle as well.

It’s true that I let some negativity get to me on here, but we also just had our third child and I decided to go back to corporate life so I’ve just watched from afar and posted less.

D wants a baseball podcast before the postseason starts so hopefully we can put that together to give some coverage to the baseball board. They’ve earned it this year.
Congratulations on the addition to your family

I dont think anyone could have predicted Van Belle's success. D1 Baseball ran an article on Miami earlier today and quoted Van Belle as saying:

"A year ago, honestly, there were games where I was getting hit around by a bunch of juco teams. The Florida juco skill level was very high, but I would look forward to being here and be like, ‘Man, I’ve got a lot of work to do to pitch against top ACC teams."

Congrats on the third, man!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Back