Meet 2016 ATH Cavin Ridley

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Calvin Ridley is considered one of the top players in the country and a five-star caliber talent. The scary part? He might not even be the best prospect in his own family. Meet Cavin Ridley (yes, his name is Cavin), a 2016 prospect who recently transferred to Monarch from Stranahan.

The two brothers are extremely close as the younger brother Cavin explains.

“Yes, we will play with each other in college. He’s my role model and he teaches me what to do and what not to do and how to play. I follow him,” said Ridley. “It would be crazy if we played together. You’ll have to draw up something for us.”

Cavin is already 6-1, 190 pounds with elite explosive ability. His versatility is what could give the Ridley name another five-star prospect.

“I believe I can play anything. I’m an athlete all around. I can play running back, receiver, or defense. I’m a beast. I go hard every play and put in 100%.”

Ridley says that the three schools that stick out for him right now are Florida, Miami, and Alabama, but it seems like UF has his heart early.

“Every since I started to play football, Florida was the school that like inspired me to go hard. I always wanted to be a Gator.”

What would Cavin do if Calvin chose Miami as many have suspected?

“I would have to talk to my brother and have him tell me what to do that would benefit myself.”

Advertisement
Unfortunately as I posted in the work, Cavin was ineligible last season and work needs to be done for him to become eligible for his junior year. The kid is an absolute stud though. He is bigger and more explosive than Calvin.

**** these kids need to get their schoolwork in order. Pete are they receiving help in the classroom?

The Ridleys have a very, very tough situation at home. I won't get into details on here, but the people who are blaming the parents or lack of guidance need to understand that it is deeper than just bad grades.

Advertisement
The Ridleys have a very, very tough situation at home. I won't get into details on here, but the people who are blaming the parents or lack of guidance need to understand that it is deeper than just bad grades.
Then I apologize for what I said before blaming them. Nobody should start to try and speculate what it is because its very personal and the last thing that any message board should do is get into a 15-17 year old kids deep personal life so before anybody even starts think about how low down and dirty that is

Are they receiving any help though in the classroom or from the school? Im not blaming anyone, but without decent grades there will be no football and that would be unfortunate

Most of the people on this board are middle class whites.. they have No idea is what a broken home looks like...

Hopefully these kids can get a stable home environment and guidance they need.

That being said we need to get at T rob out of UF. Because I have Cavin's love of UF will fade away.

Advertisement
I saw him when he was at Chaminade and he is as good as advertised. If he has any chance of playing college ball he will have to got he juco route.

Advertisement
I really want D Jax to make the NFL and make it big

1. selfish reasons so the Canes have success
2. he deserves it
3. more money and resources to expand the organization that he is trying to start that could possibly help kids like this stay straight in school when they have less than ideal circumstances at home

Advertisement
I hope their grades situation improve. I heard the Ridley's are very close to Burgess-Becker.....practically brothers. Get SBB, and we in good position to get the other 2 (assuming they can qualify).

Unfortunately it looks like Calvin's high school football career ends on September 20th. He'll be at the age limit of 19 years and 9 months on that date. That's even sooner than Kelvin Benjamin's ended.

Hopefully these young men can get their grades in order not just to play ball, but for their own future no matter where they go to school at.

Advertisement
Back