Media responses to Trump, the Wuhan Virus and China

Go Canes!!

All ACC

Did you even read this article? I doubt you read past the one or two lines they wanted you to. Let me show you how they completely buried the lede til the final two paragraphs:

"Some health experts were skeptical that more CDC employees operating inside China would have made a difference in stemming the outbreak. Beijing has been widely criticized for silencing its own public health officials who warned of a deadly new respiratory disease emanating from the Chinese city of Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province.

“The problem was China, not that we didn’t have CDC people in China,” said Scott McNabb, a former CDC epidemiologist who is now a research professor with Emory University. He pointed to China’s censorship as the main culprit in the spread of the pandemic,"

This MSNBC guy knew exactly what he was doing when he shared this story. Thank you for proving the point behind this thread.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
They went from 47 to a staff of 14. But that 15th guy, that's what would've made the difference.

Key part of the article.

“The problem was China, not that we didn’t have CDC people in China,” said Scott McNabb, a former CDC epidemiologist who is now a research professor with Emory University. He pointed to China’s censorship as the main culprit in the spread of the pandemic...

I know this is all about how to make it stick to Trump, but some of us want to know the actual problems.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
Did you even read this article? I doubt you read past the one or two lines they wanted you to. Let me show you how they completely buried the lede til the final two paragraphs:

"Some health experts were skeptical that more CDC employees operating inside China would have made a difference in stemming the outbreak. Beijing has been widely criticized for silencing its own public health officials who warned of a deadly new respiratory disease emanating from the Chinese city of Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province.

“The problem was China, not that we didn’t have CDC people in China,” said Scott McNabb, a former CDC epidemiologist who is now a research professor with Emory University. He pointed to China’s censorship as the main culprit in the spread of the pandemic,"

Thank you for proving the point behind this thread.
Great minds.

Mike6094

Banned
Banned

This MSNBC guy knew exactly what he was doing when he shared this story. Thank you for proving the point behind this thread.
You obviously didn’t read the article. Right wingers and Trump **** suckers are something else man. Love it haha...

Mike6094

Banned
Banned
Lmao. Great response as usual doofus.
I was just resorting to your games. Why should I fight fire with fire when you obviously didn’t read the entire article or come up with a valid/intelligent reaction to the article? You’re so hopped up on defending Trump no matter what, and thus intelligent thought has obviously escaped you. SAD...

Go Canes!!

All ACC
I guarantee you this measured, fact driven clip from Dr Birx will be either ignored or vilified by the MSM.

I invite all the alarmists out there to listen and educate themselves:

Don’t mean to brag, but man I nailed this prediction.

This tweet and it’s responses are so predictably sad. They’ll use you as long as you say what they want to hear.

Go Canes!!

All ACC
Called this 3 days ago. Pathetically predicable.

Coumo for President is next, with everyone jn the msm conveniently forgetting how badly everyone from the Governor down to the local public health office competency botched and actually exacerbated the explosion of cases in New York.

For_The_U

All ACC
It’s getting shamefully irresponsible:

It's utterly appalling. The point is a journalist runs with this sensationalist fear mongering nonsense without taking steps to confirm it is true (a standard practice of journalism from the moment one learns the craft) and broadcasts it all over the place. They know what they're doing. Then when they're either called out on their BS or made aware what a terrible blunder they made, you have a person like Andy Slavitt who has the audacity to say 'I took the tweet down because it was causing too much hostility between the left and right'. Yeah, sure, pal.