Media responses to Trump, the Wuhan Virus and China

crossover22[]_[]

[]_[] already know!
Agree. Which lead to pockets of absolute groupthink, which brewed resentment and disdain for anyone who thinks to the contrary, which ultimately became downright blind hatred. 1500 people liked that tweet at the time I posted it. Just chew on that.

Yea and its on both sides of the political spectrum but the left took it too far with the identity politics crap.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
This is totally written in good faith:

I see people on here convicting people on the most tenuous evidence daily. They'll overlook every obvious answer to find the connection that fits their bias. With that in mind:

Let's say you wanted to kill your husband and get away with it. You put fish tank cleaner in his drink that contains a chemical that sounds like the one Trump has discussed. You give him a nice tall glass of the stuff and you just take a sip of the glass you've prepared for yourself. He dies, you end up in ICU. You then blame Trump proudly wearing the badge of your own ignorance as the media makes you out to be a poor victim of Trump's incompetence.

Collect insurance check, live happily ever after.

Go Canes!!

All ACC
I see people on here convicting people on the most tenuous evidence daily. They'll overlook every obvious answer to find the connection that fits their bias. With that in mind:

Let's say you wanted to kill your husband and get away with it. You put fish tank cleaner in his drink that contains a chemical that sounds like the one Trump has discussed. You give him a nice tall glass of the stuff and you just take a sip of the glass you've prepared for yourself. He dies, you end up in ICU. You then blame Trump proudly wearing the badge of your own ignorance as the media makes you out to be a poor victim of Trump's incompetence.

Collect insurance check, live happily ever after.

If that ends up being the case here you need to start writing for CSI or SVU. That's one hell of a plot line!

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
This is the former head of Medicare and Medicaid for the prior administration. These predictions got a lot of play in the media. By the way, March 23 was two days ago.

View attachment 114114
That's also the same dumbass from this video.

Craig Fugate, who said it was bullshit and walked off the set was Obama's FEMA director and headed Florida's emergency management agency through the 2004 hurricanes.

For_The_U

All ACC
Hot take: I disagree with murdering people retroactively who in good faith (and I get that is a critical aspect that is hard to discern) genuinely believed a projection was not only realistic but likely and forecasted what they genuinely believed would be the ramifications. What boiled my blood was the fact so much of the media ONLY gave a platform to those experts/speakers/reports/whatever and didn't do the same on the other side - or in many cases, went even further and squelched any positions to the contrary.

For example, you have a crackpot Trump-hating Harvard professor claiming 100s of millions are going to die. He is brought onto major channels like NBC to broadcast his apocalyptic scenarios as widely as possible. Meanwhile, NBC doesn't bring on experts whose projections aren't in the same universe nearly as much, if at all. And, yes, they did exist even back then, you just didn't hear from them. That's a way to manufacture hysteria while still claiming you're "just reporting the news", in my opinion. And those are the ones who are deserving of wrath.