McCray Set to Decide Soon

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Blanche Ely (Fla.) Linebacker Terry McCray is considered to be one of the top linebackers in South Florida and showcased his skills at the Miami NFTC.

McCray was one of the many prospects who stood out at the event and also was there to work on his game.

“It was good, I got the chance to get better on my technique, go through some drills and play with my friends, so it was good.”

McCray was amongst the many linebackers competing for the MVP award and felt that he put himself in a position to win it.

“It was a lot of good competition here, I mean I thought I should of won MVP but that’s how it goes (laughs).”

The Blanche Ely product has a top two schools of Miami and LSU and talked a little bit about both of them.

“Miami, I like everything about them, the tradition, a lot of my friends went there. So pretty much everything.”

“With LSU a lot of my friends went there Tyrann Mathieu, Patrick Peterson and my cousin Rashard Robinson.”

McCray is expecting a decision soon and plans to make it some time during the spring.

“I will make a decision by the summer, probably by the spring though.”

When asked if any school is leading right now, McCray gave an answer ‘Canes fans would like.

“I would say that Miami is probably leading.”

Advertisement
Wow it is close but the good thing is Rashard Robinson was close to many of the recruits at UM so i can only imagine Terry is too so i think we have a great chance but it will be close up until NSD

Advertisement
Is Ely really a LSU pipeline or has UMjust missed out? Rashard seemed interested but we seemed late, Peterson well we know all about that and who else really was a top guy that went to LSU?

McCray looks like an animal in those Hudl highlights.

His get-off, COD and energy remind me of Gabe Terry. Or if you want to very optimistic, Jarvis Jones.

Advertisement
McCray looks like an animal in those Hudl highlights.

His get-off, COD and energy remind me of Gabe Terry. Or if you want to very optimistic, Jarvis Jones.

All the years I have seen DMONEY Post = $$$$$$...if he says he is good I tend to trust and believe

When asked if any school is leading right now, McCray gave an answer ‘Canes fans/reporters would like to hear.

Fixed it for U.

Advertisement
5 Linebackers? We only have 2 seniors graduating - Gaines and Cornelieus.

We have Perryman, Kirby, McCord, Figueroa, Bond, Terry, Blue, Armbrister, Grace. Johnson may or may not be gone. It will probably be 3 including 1 middle. I would like Andrew Beck, Michael Smith and either McCray or Yeargin. Maybe a National recruit with those 3 that's a WLB type.

This kid might be heading to Miami.. don't forget rashard robinson might have to go to prep school I think we could flip him. You can tell he wanted to sign with Miami but he already had a relationship with that LSU staff... by him going to prep school gives him a chance to build a bond with our staff... we could have the no.1 class in 2014..

Advertisement
we gotta build depth. the fact that we moved mccord to lb this spring is bad lol. losing possibly perryman, gaines, cornelius, and johnson...so yes we need about 4-5

This kid might be heading to Miami.. don't forget rashard robinson might have to go to prep school I think we could flip him. You can tell he wanted to sign with Miami but he already had a relationship with that LSU staff... by him going to prep school gives him a chance to build a bond with our staff... we could have the no.1 class in 2014..

RR went to prep? Did not realize that.

RR went to prep? Did not realize that.

You take the best football players when the pads are on. Mike Smith is just a "pure" football player. McCray just said Miami leads so the staff is doing their job. Yeargrin is a ? but I want his because he's really good and we have to hold down our back yard!!! Add those 3 with DLinemen Khairi Clark, Chad Thomas, Anthony Moten and that beast Trevonte Valentine! Then I'll trade my pimp game designer threads and Infinity for camping gear and a jeep. I'm confident we can get the best offensive talent, but I want a "prison gang" defense that aint giving up the booty and will shank you. Golden gotta slow his roll with those NE catholic school boys if we want to beat teams loaded with big southern country boy supplemented with Florida athletes. In summary- Golden gotta get some thug in him and some bad asses on this team.

Advertisement
Back