McCord to the U

Advertisement
Advertisement
2.gif

Wow.

What a pick up! I friggin love this kid but I never thought we had a shot. Wow.

Advertisement
BIG BIG BIG TIME GET..................

I mean this kid was a late winter Pull..as he had sec feel for his ENTIRE recruitment....

the sting of losing keith brown isnt bad for me as this is a kid iwanted since LAST YEAR.....when i watched him against Duke Johnson and crew and he looked good.

Credit Golden...think he has athleticism to actually play backer here and he had double digit sacks rushing passer.......

Tampa is officially cane country.....were close to getting their top 3 dlineman in 3 consecutive classes....next yr we have the kid Jordan Sherrit all but locked up

Advertisement
Gogeta I remember you breaking him down a while back on the old board. Thats what caught my attention and saw how good he was. Man......big get.

I promise I will never stay home to watch an AAA game again.

Happily trade Keith Brown for this kid.....hate losing local players, but this kid looks like a stud.

We really got him? I must have missed the announcement. Fricken awesome!

Advertisement
He's scheduled to visit South Carolina in two weeks. It will be interesting to see if he cancels that visit.

From TOS:

McCord is a prospect with a lot of tools to work with and displays some promising upside. He is a kid with good athletic ability and a fairly physically impressive build. He is a bit of an outside linebacker / defensive end 'tweener at this point and could fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker at the college level, but we feel his long term best fit is at end in a four-man front. He lacks ideal size on paper and does need to keep working to fill out his frame, but he is far from a skinny and fragile kid. In street clothes he possesses a Dwight Howard type build obviously minus the extreme height, but he has good height with wide shoulders with a nice wingspan and a tight and wiry build.

He will play some from a "two" and "three"-point stance and could offer some versatility in how he used at the next level, but he is a kid with very good straight-line speed and is at his best when allowed to vertically attack. He is a kid that displays very good explosiveness in a testing setting and flashes good quickness off the ball on the field, but does need to work to be more consistent in his get-off. He has the tools be a very good pass rusher and if allowed to just pin his ears back and go he could be a real monster coming off the edge. He has enough speed to challenge blockers with an up-field speed rush and he does a good job of employing that long reach and being active with his weapons to knock blockers hands down. He does need to work on getting bended back in towards the quarterback and not allowing himself to get pushed past the pocket. He flashes the speed and initial burst as well as some thought process to try and be active and use moves to defeat blockers and with some more development and consistency could be a dangerous pass rusher and likely help in that role early on.

He can be a well-rounded player as he continues to fill out. He flashes the ability to take good steps out of his stance and fire out low and derive power from his lower body when engaging a blocker. He uses his reach and hands well to keep blockers off of him. He does need to watch his pad level at times as he can get tall and try and peek and at times give ground as a result. He can run when he opens up and goes. He is a kid that displays the ability to come across the ball and stay square and keep himself in a position to react to the ball. He is a bit straight-lined and dropping into space and coverage responsibilities could challenge him some at linebacker, but at end he flashes the ability to be able to run plays down as well as maintain containment. McCord is an interesting prospect. He is a good football player, but flashes continued upside and potentially could develop into a real disruptive player at the college level.

Advertisement
Back