Matthew Thomas Nike Combine results

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Booker T Washington LB Matthew Thomas 6'3" 201 @ Nike Camp. 4.65/40. 33in vert.
11:47am - 25 Feb 12

Advertisement
With an additional 20 pounds before he gets on a campus, he may very well get on the field as a situational pass rusher his frosh year.

Advertisement
Glades Central ATH Will Likely 5'7" 170 @ Nike Combine. 4.71/40
1:34pm - 25 Feb 12

Advertisement
Small and slow, not a good combo

But to be fair

Leroy Clark 4.90
Soljoun Shelton 4.77
Wendel Dunn 5.0
Charles Williams 4.71
Dionte Taylor 4.84
John Franklin 4.56
Lamar Robbins 4.78

So maybe these kids don't know how to run it properly

Or they're slow

or those are their real times instead of just guessing a 40 time or having someone time it with their IPhone

This is why you don't run the 40. I tell all my players to not run it. You have to train for the 40. Doing position drills and lifting weights at your school don't get you prepared for it.

Advertisement
Small and slow, not a good combo

But to be fair

Leroy Clark 4.90
Soljoun Shelton 4.77
Wendel Dunn 5.0
Charles Williams 4.71
Dionte Taylor 4.84
John Franklin 4.56
Lamar Robbins 4.78

So maybe these kids don't know how to run it properly

Or they're slow

our staff seem to put some stock into 40 times. Most guys that ran a good 40 and played well at Golden's camps got an offer (I believe that most, if not all, of our LBs, WRs, DBs, RBs in our last class ran a 4.5 40 or better). I doubt any of these will get pursued from now on by Miami.

Booker T Washington LB Matthew Thomas 6'3" 201 @ Nike Camp. 4.65/40. 33in vert.
11:47am - 25 Feb 12

REally want this kid in our next class. His film was very impressive and he's going to get bigger and stronger, scary what he might do as a senior.

those are some good measurables for Thomas.

He's only a jr and a legit 6'3....ran a good time..and solid vert which shows explosion as an athlete.

Kid is likely coming in as an incoming freshman at 6'4 210-220 wherever he commits to....

I think he is fluid enough to be a olb in a 4-3. Think his body type is similar to Futch but his film is way more explosive than Jordan Futch.

Advertisement
I'm guessing that time is electronic? If so LOL at people saying a hs Jr running that time is too slow...

Back in the '80's when JJ was coach, Dave Scott our recruiting coordinator told me their priority for the year was "CB's with 4.4 speed." Obviously, 40 times were important; they defined the kind of player they were looking for. I would think coaches still view 40 times as something that they find useful in evaluating, though perhaps not the whole story.

Those 40 times mean that they were laser timed and there was no bull**** involved, it's nice to see that.

Im not hating or anything. No disrespect but Matthew Thomas didnt do any drills yesterday. He was in sweats and sandals. We were there timing. He did not perform. that picture is from last yr or something fabricated. It was 6 West Boca coaches, Hillel and a Champagnat. It was not two white guys timing...Ant. Walker did not even run a 40....this ish is crazy. The fastest recorded time was 4.51. **** at 1st the hyping did not work now they are telling lies. This is something else, kids were really out there trying hard to get notice and then NIKE and ESPN pull some BS like this? SMH You guys are lying point blank. All 40s were verified and NO ONE ran a 4.4. wow just making up a combine news

Advertisement
Back