2022 Mason Thomas, DE, picks Oklahoma

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it's Plyburn or Thomas... If Plyburn goes to Auburn, Thomas it is... Unless Moten and Thomas are a package, then, Plyburn is out. I don't know what kind of room we have... I read way back in December that Mario said the plan was to take like 15 freshman and 7 or 8 transfers. We are at 10 and 4 right now. Room will always be made to 5 star kids like Shemar and Connerly. So, I'm thinking Luli, McCoy and then 3 of any combo: Moten, Pyburn or Thomas, and Miller. Shemar, Connerly and Citizen are a total bonus and would eliminate one of the others. I also think we get transfer Sagapolu. We will probably get 3 or so more transfers during spring, i.e. DB, LB and DT.

We have enough room. I don't think it's either/or.

I heard Iowa state is prob taking Thomas’ sister for volleyball which is a big reason he may stick. Haven’t checked in for a little bit so things could have changed. I just know we were trailing for both Thomas and moten.

Do we take Thomas and Plyburn? (Especially if Shemar comes too) If we take all 3 to go along with Kelly and Moss..Mario must really hate what he sees in that DE room.
i dont blame him
its jag central
while chantz may have potential the only plays he really made were when an offensive linemen missed his assignment
i dont recall many instances last year where our DE just beat the guy in front of him
huge drop off from the previous 2 years of DE play

Advertisement
With the addition of Moultrie and Thomas becoming priority I think it's kind of a red flag. Maybe we aren't getting some guys.
could be that mario actually like to stack chips
its like the previous coaches would get a top tier guy then just recruit some filler players afterwards and relax

could be that mario actually like to stack chips
its like the previous coaches would get a top tier guy then just recruit some filler players afterwards and relax
Moultrie and Mason news so close together makes me think somebody is not confident that a player is coming. Plus caneslegacy said on his pod that we're about 10 over the limit right now. Soo yea easy to just say stack chips but alot of moves are connected when the numbers are so tight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure we land this kid but man it feels good to still be in the game this late in the cycle. Usually we were done or not in the mix at all this late it feels like

Our DE depth was so bad we had to convert Zach and he ended up starting…bring in all the talent and figure it out

exactly.

We are gonna have transfers/injuries/academic attrition. Fill up the roster, let them battle it out in the spring and work out the depth chart with who stays.

Advertisement
Back