Martell coming back....not.....

It is an absolutely elite shuttle time, blows away all other WRs on the roster. In theory, he should have developed into a larger, but slower Braxton Berrios. Running a 4.72 out of HS, with some speedwork he should have been able to get down into the 4.5-4.6s (I saw another recruiting profile that said he also ran a 4.59 in HS but don't know how that was timed). A 5"11" 210 lb WR running a mid 4.5s 40 and a 3.96 shuttle isn't worthless.
This this this, but he let his arrogance and lack of circumspection get the best of him. We needed a WR like him IF he can actually catch the ball. Could've been a starter, but he was a highly rated HS QB and was on ESPN or something like that, showing him balling out in HS and was recruited to OSU, so he MUST remain as a QB. Stupid. Reminds me of Tebow. That kid could've had a hellluva career as a TE or fullback, but he believed he was a QB. All the way into retirement.

Advertisement
He opted out. That is different then quitting. Bad optics if you hold that against him. You don't see Belicheck cutting the 6 guys that opted out, do you?

Martell had **** near quit multiple times before. It's fine to opt out, he disappeared from the program on multiple occasions. Why waste a scholarship on a kid you can't rely on? Exactly. Martell could have easily opted out, but stayed around the program, continued to be a part of the team. The ONLY reason he came back, was because no other program worth a **** would take him. He had no where else to go at the FBS level, and here we are.

we’re letting him back on the team for the 13th time....great

Advertisement
Correct me if Im wrong here: If he does not come back for spring practice then he loses his scholarship, yes?

The opt-out option was only for the fall season, no?

I still think his best move is to graduate from UM this summer then transfer to a Div. II school. I think his skill level translates well at the D-II level. He can go to a Valdosta State or Carson Newman type program, be the starting QB on a playoff caliber team and get a free masters degree in the process.

Unless he just wants to ride out his time at UM in 2021, where he would likely not get invited back for 2022, so he'd have to pay for the second year of his masters program out of pocket.

Advertisement
why? explain to me what he does around here?

he's no different than mark pope, some super overrated player who does nothing.
He is one of the only QBs on the spring roster to actually complete a pass in a real game.
Maybe that is a reason.

Correct me if Im wrong here: If he does not come back for spring practice then he loses his scholarship, yes?

The opt-out option was only for the fall season, no?

I still think his best move is to graduate from UM this summer then transfer to a Div. II school. I think his skill level translates well at the D-II level. He can go to a Valdosta State or Carson Newman type program, be the starting QB on a playoff caliber team and get a free masters degree in the process.

Unless he just wants to ride out his time at UM in 2021, where he would likely not get invited back for 2022, so he'd have to pay for the second year of his masters program out of pocket.
I went to CN lol not sure if they still running the veer but yeah he’d have a blast if he was the qb there

Advertisement
cam harris is a better qb
We shall see.
If he looks like crap then Lashlee will try him out in some gimmick gadget type of plays or just have him sit on the bench.
BUT if he looks okay in the spring under Lashlee then he is a veteran backup.

There is not much down side to giving the guy a chance in the spring and seeing what he can do.

If he really gave a **** and put in the work, I think he'd be a really solid slot guy. If he could learn a few routes, his short area quickness could be useful...but idk if he's got that dawg in him to put in that work to get there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back