Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement

My greedy excitement wish I could see that on cam but realistically it's probably best it didn't show. Then SI would have why UM should drop football part 2-3-4
Oddly wound up at Sunset Tavern after the game and sat at the bar next to Mike Lowell, who is an FIU alum. Drank with him and chatted for a long while. Super nice guy, and a very random end to a very random night.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea Carol city's weightroom was serious then all their kids were strong coming out.

Yea slightly smaller frame and baiting ability. His frame seems like Vaughn Telamaques. Vt was 1 of my fav recruits ever lol
We was trash. LOL made one good play against GT.

Advertisement
I don't overreact to playmaking production out of HS DBs cause when you watch the highlights it's often mostly plays where the ball is thrown right at them or the routes/concepts are hilariously bad. Williams does seem to take aggressive angles and has confident play speed. That does translate and you just hope the skills and awareness evolve at the same rate as the rise in competition. The agility in man coverage is a plus and I wouldn't rule out CB development into a Kevin King or Sean Smith type. He's not a physical presence due to build but he's not timid either.

Gaby says he may be safe bet as the 1 safety in this class.

Civil, Jordan Allen , JaCorey Thomas fall into the striker area where Aristide wants to turn to more of a safety type than an OLB type

JaCorey Thomas seems to be gaining some steam...I love this kid. Can project couple spots on D, and honestly I think he could play RB power 5. Looks like DeeJay Dallas but an inch or 2 taller.

JaCorey-Thomas

Film^

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can see the frame and the range. Kenny was a little more wiry strong at that age but it’s a good comp.
I went the his spring game against Olympia. I thought I remember seeing him not just playing cb, they seem to put him up against victor jones, the Nebraska commit who was talked about a few weeks back. He did a very good job against him.

JaCorey Thomas seems to be gaining some steam...I love this kid. Can project couple spots on DB, and honestly I think he could play RB power 5. Looks like DeeJay Dallas but an inch or 2 taller.

JaCorey-Thomas

Film^
I remember watching Jacorey play against Edgewater his sophomore year, next to shambra Jackson, who’s at FSU now, he was Boone’s best player. I know the dad of the starting Qb, who coached shambra during youth ball, I told him back then that young man looked good. I just would like to see us continue to recruit up here.

I remember watching Jacorey play against Edgewater his sophomore year, next to shambra Jackson, who’s at FSU now, he was Boone’s best player. I know the dad of the starting Qb, who coached shambra during youth ball, I told him back then that young man looked good. I just would like to see us continue to recruit up here.

It seems like UM is hitting Orlando fairly hard last year or 2...I wouldn't mind seeing either Williams or Thomas in this class. Both look legit to me.

Advertisement
Back