Mark Walton done for season

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Canes junior running back Mark Walton will miss the remainder of the season with an ankle injury will require surgery on his right ankle.

Travis Homer has been more than reliable in his backup role this season. Trayone Gray will likely see more snaps, and freshman Deejay Dallas could also get worked more into the mix.

Many within the Miami program have suggested that this was going to be Walton’s last season at UM with the expectation being he would turn pro.

Advertisement
Terrible terrible news. I pray his next chapter will be even bigger than his time here. Fought hard for us for three years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brutal loss for this team. Really hurts our chances of winning the coastal.

Disagree. While we're all hurting for Mark, we did pull off a road win against a very talented team basically without him.

this. walton wasn't healthy since the first half of toledo and that has forced us to rely on rosier and others more so. at least, we get a healthy RB back there and prayers for walton and hopefully a speedy recovery.

Well that sucks, but next man up. I look forward to seeing Deejay make an impact. Think Deejay will be better than Choc. Also wonder if Burns is healthy

Disagree. While we're all hurting for Mark, we did pull off a road win against a very talented team basically without him.

Without Walton we don't win that game. He had some key blocks.

But Homer and Burns and Gray need to be ready. Next man up!

You're weirdly confident that the backup RB could not have replicated these "key blocks" you speak of

You always need great back on the bench. This is Homer's chance to do what so many great Cane RB's have done. Come in and make us wonder why he was not starting. Love Walton and pray for complete recover but Homer is the man now. Mark probably playing on Sunday next year where we will still be pulling for him.

Advertisement
Well, ****. Guess we should pump the brakes on the playoff talk:monkey-serious:

One game at a time, we just beat fsu something we haven’t done in years(while having lead backs like duke johnson and Lamar Miller/others) with walton being a non factor in the game as far as rushing goes. He did make some key blocks though. Just have to change the offense a bit and gear it more to the passing game

Warrior man best wishes to Mark. Perhaps we utilize plays to get Dallas and Thomas the ball out of the backfield some. We did that one play for Thomas yesterday.

Homer has same mentality as Walton. Both kids kill it on special teams as well. Homer runs hard. Puts more pressure on Rosier but that kid has all the confidence in the world.

Like I said in another post. Give me 85 Mark Walton's and I'm rarely if ever losing a game. Too bad for the kid. Next kid up mentality.

Advertisement
Choc going to see more time or move deejay?
Sucks for Mark and the Team... kid has hart and leaves it all on the field

I think you know what I mean. He was essentially not there as a runner, which is the thing we most rely on with him. Again, not a knock. He was hurt.

Advertisement
Back