Mark Richt will do Signing Day Coverage with ESPN *hired to work the ACC network*

I wish Richt nothing but the best. At the end he went 26-13, bowl win and a coastal title. I'll be supporting Coach Richt

He walked away like a man once he realized that he just didn't have it. He could have easily swallowed his pride and fired Jon, but it would have been a hollow gesture. It was time, he gave up millions, but he did the right thing by stepping down.

Advertisement
I guess it depends on your point of view.
Some spend time being critical of Richt.
The others spend all their time being critical of posters being critical of Richt.

I kind of think the attacks on individuals here for no reason are worse than the attacks on a public figure.
Just try to imagine if Canes coaches and players personally attacked those on this message board who constantly post false rumors and/or outright lies against them. Then, take it up a big ole notch and imagine those coaches and players personally attacking the family members of said posters.

Trying to sell the defense that kids playing college football makes them public figures which in turn allows anything and everything to be said about them, their families and friends is laughable. To that end; you are now witnessing people who have been falsely accused for some act or portrayed as something they are not who are turning to the courts for relief, and are winning! This exact thing happened in the industry I am involved with and the victim was awarded close to $2 million dollars.

It is interesting to me that message boards such as CIS will suspend, if not expel posters who aggressively push back on those who post despicable things about Canes coaches, players, and those that support those coaches and players. Yet, those vile, hate filled comments aimed at coaches, players, supporters are universally accepted by management of many message boards.

As history has proven in the world of Canes message boards, the constant hate being hurled at the football program eventually becomes tiresome, boring and redundant, thus membership dries up and the message board becomes a distant memory.

So, CIS management has a decision to make, allow the hate to continue unabated and lose the business or monitor and take aggressive action against those who insist on trying to destroy the Canes football program via message boards, which will insure that CIS continues well into the future.

Good for him. It was a mess at the end, but he did the right thing. I don't think there's a whole lot of coaches that would have done the same thing .

Just try to imagine if Canes coaches and players personally attacked those on this message board who constantly post false rumors and/or outright lies against them. Then, take it up a big ole notch and imagine those coaches and players personally attacking the family members of said posters.

Trying to sell the defense that kids playing college football makes them public figures which in turn allows anything and everything to be said about them, their families and friends is laughable. To that end; you are now witnessing people who have been falsely accused for some act or portrayed as something they are not who are turning to the courts for relief, and are winning! This exact thing happened in the industry I am involved with and the victim was awarded close to $2 million dollars.

It is interesting to me that message boards such as CIS will suspend, if not expel posters who aggressively push back on those who post despicable things about Canes coaches, players, and those that support those coaches and players. Yet, those vile, hate filled comments aimed at coaches, players, supporters are universally accepted by management of many message boards.

As history has proven in the world of Canes message boards, the constant hate being hurled at the football program eventually becomes tiresome, boring and redundant, thus membership dries up and the message board becomes a distant memory.

So, CIS management has a decision to make, allow the hate to continue unabated and lose the business or monitor and take aggressive action against those who insist on trying to destroy the Canes football program via message boards, which will insure that CIS continues well into the future.

I have to say I am truly stunned. The way you have framed these comments is truly telling and I do not mean this in an insulting way.

How you see yourself differs greatly from how others see you. There is a saying in film, “Every villain is the hero of his own story.” You honestly view yourself as the hero. The white knight defending the downtrodden and oppressed Richts of the world.

The trouble is you tend to attack your fellow posters for their negative comments toward a public figure. What you see as defending Richt’s honor, others see as personal attacks upon your fellow posters. If Mark Richt is a member of your family, I could understand why you take negative comments toward him personally. However, if he is not a family member of yours, then maybe you need to step back a little for some perspective.

These are comments on a message board….nothing more. These comments are not going to negatively impact the program. They are not going to negatively impact CIS. They are not even going to negatively impact Richt or his family. You have framed these negative comments toward Richt as akin to defamation and have tried to assign them more significance than they actually have. You seem to do this to simply justify your actions toward other posters.

I think it really comes down to this. Your personal attacks toward other posters are really unjustified. I realize you feel your comments are warranted and you see yourself as a bit of a martyr now. But I think most disagree with you.

No matter how awful you feel the comments are, regarding Richt maybe just state your disagreement with the statements and do not personally attack other posters.

He walked away like a man once he realized that he just didn't have it. He could have easily swallowed his pride and fired Jon, but it would have been a hollow gesture. It was time, he gave up millions, but he did the right thing by stepping down.

Totally agree. Not an easy choice

Advertisement
I have to say I am truly stunned. The way you have framed these comments is truly telling and I do not mean this in an insulting way.

How you see yourself differs greatly from how others see you. There is a saying in film, “Every villain is the hero of his own story.” You honestly view yourself as the hero. The white knight defending the downtrodden and oppressed Richts of the world.

The trouble is you tend to attack your fellow posters for their negative comments toward a public figure. What you see as defending Richt’s honor, others see as personal attacks upon your fellow posters. If Mark Richt is a member of your family, I could understand why you take negative comments toward him personally. However, if he is not a family member of yours, then maybe you need to step back a little for some perspective.

These are comments on a message board….nothing more. These comments are not going to negatively impact the program. They are not going to negatively impact CIS. They are not even going to negatively impact Richt or his family. You have framed these negative comments toward Richt as akin to defamation and have tried to assign them more significance than they actually have. You seem to do this to simply justify your actions toward other posters.

I think it really comes down to this. Your personal attacks toward other posters are really unjustified. I realize you feel your comments are warranted and you see yourself as a bit of a martyr now. But I think most disagree with you.

No matter how awful you feel the comments are, regarding Richt maybe just state your disagreement with the statements and do not personally attack other posters.
No, I do not view myself as a hero or white knight defending the downtrodden and oppressed Richts of the world. The mere thought that you view Mark Richt as downtrodden and oppressed would come to a shock to him and anyone else that knows a grain of salt about Mark and his life. Not only is he a multimillionaire, more importantly he is a devout man of God, a tremendous family man and lives his life to serve others. Simply put, you are uninformed and confused (I don’t mean that as an insult).

For you to claim that how I see myself differs from how others see me suggests you have insights into how I view myself, which of course you have no idea, thus you are just making things up to fit a narrative you are trying to sell. Facts can be reasonably important when attempting to make a point.

You then go on to once again failingly try to make a point that if someone is a public figure then someone like me should not defend him, unless I am a family member. Why doesn’t that philosophy apply to those who have attacked the man and his family? Are you starting to see a pattern here? My exchanges with other posters have nothing to do with Mark being a public figure. If one was to adopt your approach it would mean that the only people that private citizens can voice an opinion about has to be another private citizen.

You claim; “these are comments on a message board…nothing more.” And “are not going to negatively impact the program”. Well, if that’s true why does the message board HERD take various levels of credit for the firings of Coker, Shannon, Golden and forcing Coach Richt into retirement? For one to think recruits, their family members, friends and coaches don’t read message boards relating to the teams their sons/brothers/friends/players are considering signing with is at best misguided and naïve.

But here’s where you throw up on your brown shoes while wearing a black tuxedo. You believe my “attacks” concerning other posters are “really unjustified” and I see myself as a “martyr”. I have been vilified for making even the most benign positive statement about Mark Richt, his family, players, other coaches and UM administrators. Much to my surprise I have learned that I am *** by other CIS posters who have on countless occasions labeled me as a "***aloon", along with other such descriptions/, which are apparently medical/psychological terms. I have been called so many names that I have been forced to rely on the Urban Dictionary to try and understand what in the **** I am being called, and even the Urban Dictionary sent me a note suggesting my questions were disgusting due to the subject matter. As for me attempting to be a martyr…in that area I can assure you that my martyr goals and aspirations are several inches higher that a college football message board.

After the HERD's initial hysteria and attacks on Manny Diaz's due to his appointment as UM's head football coach the hate has temporarily simmered down. But, the first bump in the road will see the HERD back to their ole tricks. Again, CIS management would be well served to get their arms around this insane hate fest as they too will find themselves to be a distant memory as other Hurricane message boards have because people tire of reading the daily nonsense that has in the past been found on this message board.

Last edited:
He was more shot than Tupac at the end, but I thank him for bowing out gracefully as he did

Advertisement
No, I do not view myself as a hero or white knight defending the downtrodden and oppressed Richts of the world. The mere thought that you view Mark Richt as downtrodden and oppressed would come to a shock to him and anyone else that knows a grain of salt about Mark and his life. Not only is he a multimillionaire, more importantly he is a devout man of God, a tremendous family man and lives his life to serve others. Simply put, you are uninformed and confused (I don’t mean that as an insult).

For you to claim that how I see myself differs from how others see me suggests you have insights into how I view myself, which of course you have no idea, thus you are just making things up to fit a narrative you are trying to sell. Facts can be reasonably important when attempting to make a point.

You then go on to once again failingly try to make a point that if someone is a public figure then someone like me should not defend him, unless I am a family member. Why doesn’t that philosophy apply to those who have attacked the man and his family? Are you starting to see a pattern here? My exchanges with other posters have nothing to do with Mark being a public figure. If one was to adopt your approach it would mean that the only people that private citizens can voice an opinion about has to be another private citizen.

You claim; “these are comments on a message board…nothing more.” And “are not going to negatively impact the program”. Well, if that’s true why does the message board HERD take various levels of credit for the firings of Coker, Shannon, Golden and forcing Coach Richt into retirement? For one to think recruits, their family members, friends and coaches don’t read message boards relating to the teams their sons/brothers/friends/players are considering signing with is at best misguided and naïve.

But here’s where you throw up on your brown shoes while wearing a black tuxedo. You believe my “attacks” concerning other posters are “really unjustified” and I see myself as a “martyr”. I have been vilified for making even the most benign positive statement about Mark Richt, his family, players, other coaches and UM administrators. Much to my surprise I have learned that I am *** by other CIS posters who have on countless occasions labeled me as a "***aloon", along with other such descriptions/, which are apparently medical/psychological terms. I have been called so many names that I have been forced to rely on the Urban Dictionary to try and understand what in the **** I am being called, and even the Urban Dictionary sent me a note suggesting my questions were disgusting due to the subject matter. As for me attempting to be a martyr…in that area I can assure you that my martyr goals and aspirations are several inches higher that a college football message board.

After the HERD's initial hysteria and attacks on Manny Diaz's due to his appointment as UM's head football coach the hate has temporarily simmered down. But, the first bump in the road will see the HERD back to their ole tricks. Again, CIS management would be well served to get their arms around this insane hate fest as they too will find themselves to be a distant memory as other Hurricane message boards have because people tire of reading the daily nonsense that has in the past been found on this message board.

What you’ll never comprehend, ever... is that the mood of the board will always reflect the state of the program. When things are positive around the program things are positive here. Stop over complicating it. We were 7-6 largely due to coaching, so that was reflected here, and should have been.

What you’ll never comprehend, ever... is that the mood of the board will always reflect the state of the program. When things are positive around the program things are positive here. Stop over complicating it. We were 7-6 largely due to coaching, so that was reflected here, and should have been.
You made my point by perfectly describing yourself and the HERD, you are all fair weather fans, good time Charlies.

As I said in the post you responded to, the first bump in the road and you Cats will go full throttle negative by attacking and degrading every facet of the program, WHICH DAMAGES RECRUTING and in turn DAMAGES THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD...something "you’ll never comprehend, ever".

When Manny was first named head coach your kind tore the man to shreds. This is the way of the HERD. Then, when Manny started proving the obvious concerning the buffoon brigade who knows nothing a temporary love affair began. Note the word "temporary", because as you said, when things are positive with the program (perfection) then this message board is positive, but even the most minor setback sends the HERD into a meltdown. Unfortunately, in life there are highs and lows.

Even when things were going great for the program during the 2017 ten straight wins the HERD was constantly attacking the program because they didn't like the STYLE in which the coaches and kids were winning. They didn't like the STYLE after thirteen years of being a joke and being eviscerated by most everyone in college football. Never mind winning the ACC Coastal Division for the first time ever, playing in a major bowl game for the first time in countless years, having ESPN's College Game Day fawning over the program, demolishing number three Notre Dame in a highly promoted, nationally televised game and Mark Richt being named college football's head coach of the year. And of course accomplishing something that will be of huge benefit to the program for many years to come...the indoor practice facility.

Yet, if one did not know the outcome of those games during 2017 and read the comments on this message board they would have come away believing the Canes lost every game.

Manny Diaz's biggest challenge is the HERD and their negativity that poisons the UM recruiting well...all courtesy of the fair weather, good time Charlie Herd.

You made my point by perfectly describing yourself and the HERD, you are all fair weather fans, good time Charlies.

As I said in the post you responded to, the first bump in the road and you Cats will go full throttle negative by attacking and degrading every facet of the program, WHICH DAMAGES RECRUTING and in turn DAMAGES THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD...something "you’ll never comprehend, ever".

When Manny was first named head coach your kind tore the man to shreds. This is the way of the HERD. Then, when Manny started proving the obvious concerning the buffoon brigade who knows nothing a temporary love affair began. Note the word "temporary", because as you said, when things are positive with the program (perfection) then this message board is positive, but even the most minor setback sends the HERD into a meltdown. Unfortunately, in life there are highs and lows.

Even when things were going great for the program during the 2017 ten straight wins the HERD was constantly attacking the program because they didn't like the STYLE in which the coaches and kids were winning. They didn't like the STYLE after thirteen years of being a joke and being eviscerated by most everyone in college football. Never mind winning the ACC Coastal Division for the first time ever, playing in a major bowl game for the first time in countless years, having ESPN's College Game Day fawning over the program, demolishing number three Notre Dame in a highly promoted, nationally televised game and Mark Richt being named college football's head coach of the year. And of course accomplishing something that will be of huge benefit to the program for many years to come...the indoor practice facility.

Yet, if one did not know the outcome of those games during 2017 and read the comments on this message board they would have come away believing the Canes lost every game.

Manny Diaz's biggest challenge is the HERD and their negativity that poisons the UM recruiting well...all courtesy of the fair weather, good time Charlie Herd.

On one hand, you preach free expression on the boards, on the other you’re advocating blind optimism, while denouncing anyone being objective about a poor product. If everyone preached such blind optimism we’d still have Golden here, or Coker for that matter. But I guess you’re going to say it’s message board posters that lead to their demise.

On one hand, you preach free expression on the boards, on the other you’re advocating blind optimism, while denouncing anyone being objective about a poor product. If everyone preached such blind optimism we’d still have Golden here, or Coker for that matter. But I guess you’re going to say it’s message board posters that lead to their demise.
Not even close! Blind optimism is a fools errand--just as is blind pessimism.

The print medias old axiom is 'If it bleeds-it leads". Bad news sells much better than good news. People find comfort in the trials and tribulations of others, it's human nature. This message board in more of a psychiatric sofa than a tool for fans to exchange ideas/thoughts.

Anyone that claims college football message boards do not impact recruiting (good or bad) are simply misinformed or are not being honest. Miami Hurricane football messages boards have eroded into 24/7/365 hate fests. Take notice that when the Canes win the CIS message board is busy, but when they lose this message board is like rush hour traffic in Manhattan.

Again, Manny's biggest problem is the HERD, and I believe he knows that to be true.

Advertisement
Not even close! Blind optimism is a fools errand--just as is blind pessimism.

The print medias old axiom is 'If it bleeds-it leads". Bad news sells much better than good news. People find comfort in the trials and tribulations of others, it's human nature. This message board in more of a psychiatric sofa than a tool for fans to exchange ideas/thoughts.

Anyone that claims college football message boards do not impact recruiting (good or bad) are simply misinformed or are not being honest. Miami Hurricane football messages boards have eroded into 24/7/365 hate fests. Take notice that when the Canes win the CIS message board is busy, but when they lose this message board is like rush hour traffic in Manhattan.

Again, Manny's biggest problem is the HERD, and I believe he knows that to be true.

Manny’s biggest problem is defeating excellent football programs with distinct economic advantages in a changing game. He doesn’t so much as acknowledge this board. Anything negative toward recruits on here is usually a direct result of the kid playing the program. Not everyone around here is as dumb as you think.

You only served to prove my point with this new tirade.

There is what you choose to believe and what you express here on a message board (that serves as a large window as to who you are).....and then there is reality. I think Instead of taking responsibility for your own actions you have summarily dismissed the possibility for any wrong actions committed by yourself and have created your own falsehoods to support your only defense….that the rest of the world is wrong and out to get you.

You have created your own White Whale in this fictions "Herd" you created and spend an inordinate amount of time chasing it. Unfortunately, your assertions seem symptomatic of one who suffers from paranoia.

The “Heard” is out to get you.
The Heard is out to get Miami.
CIS is out to get you
CIS is out to ruin Miami
You are the only one who understands

You do not even appear to post about football anymore. It is all just about how awful everyone else is.

This is why maybe you should step back for some perspective.

That second to last paragraph speaks volumes. You appear to be a person that is hurting from all the insults you believe you have suffered and have yet to learn how to channel that pain other than these long tirades on a message board to a bunch of strangers whose opinions you should really care little for or about. You say you are not trying to be a martyr and have larger goals but your actions say different as you send a lot of time and effort actually trying to be a martyr.

Take a step back. Channel that pain and anger over what you think people have done to you and/or Richt and his family in a more positive way. Take some personal responsibility for what you have done. Maybe take a break from message boards and get better.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I’m starting to worry about you, bud. This preoccupation with richt is getting creepy. Mark rich doesn’t need you, or anyone else, to defend him.

Having just come off a week-long CIS suspension I am now working hard to be one of the boys. So, to really slam Mark Richt let’s all post our football resumes, which will even further embarrass the man once he realizes that our football accomplishments have been at the highest levels of college and pro ball.

Imagine how he will feel once he reads how most all of us were wildly successful head coaches at illustrious college football programs (and possibly NFL head coaches), along with being assistant coaches during our 40 year-long careers.

Now for the cherry on the whipped cream, let’s promise each other that we will truthfully tell stories about how we could have helped our family members and/or friends but didn’t do so not wanting to look bad to others. Further, put him in his place by advising him how our parents tried to help us, but we refused to accept any form of their help.

It would be appreciated if those of you who were on coaching staffs that won national championships and/or SEC championships also include photos of you receiving your corresponding trophies, plagues, etc.

PS: Those who will also be offering their football expertise on ESPN during national signing day please advise so that we can all tune in…I can’t wait!
Why were u band four a week?

Advertisement
Back