Mark Richt will do Signing Day Coverage with ESPN *hired to work the ACC network*

Advertisement
I agree but Richt did more for this program in his first 2 years than the past 3 coaches did combined. Good for Richt. Hopefully he finds his way into the booth to call games. His coaching perspective would definitely be appreciated.
Agree! Even though things went really strange/awkward and did not go well for The U in his final days, Mark is a very good man with excellent & well meaning intentions. He did a lot of very good things for us over the course of his first two years with The U. Unfortunately, he did not see the writing on the wall towards the end of his 3rd season, and was too proud (perhaps even stubborn) to get a new OC as well as release his son from coaching responsibilities. Jon could perhaps have been a good QA Analyst for The U, but he was definitely not a good QB coach. I believe that Coach Richt could be a good college football commentator for ESPN.

LMFAO. He isn't plucking schit out of Miami. The guy would be lucky to land a Miami 2 star.

He did it before at his last SEC job. I know you hate the guy, but give him some $EC bagmen, and he landed top recruits.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did not like what Richt did on the last year's team. Stale old, and more of the same. BUT.............
Much respect for him in looking at the short term and long term for our U, as to what was best for the program, and putting his money where his mouth was.
98% of posters here would have held out for the $$$$'s.
He is one of the 2% that said, he would not do that to ***** his alma mater the "U"....
One has to respect the guy for that....
Whether we won or lost... Richt walked out with his head held high, and could look everyone in the eye without a **** apology....
Remind me who sued our Canes?....
Shannon and Golden....
Richt, no..too much Class.
Let the guy ride off to do his thing, and say thanks along the way....
Absolutely!

He did it before at his last SEC job. I know you hate the guy, but give him some $EC bagmen, and landed top recruits.

It has nothing to do with my hate for the man. I actually don't hate him. Do I think he was an absolute terrible coach? Of course. Did I want him to be hired? No. Did I want him fired? Of course. However, I didn't hate the man.

UF doesn't drop anywhere near as many bags as UGA. The only SEC school he could be that bad at recruiting and pull talent like that is Bama and UGA.

Advertisement
UF doesn't drop anywhere near as many bags as UGA. The only SEC school he could be that bad at recruiting and pull talent like that is Bama and UGA.

Explain exactly how you know the amount of bags Georgia drops as opposed to Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Two of his running backs started on each Super Bowl team. The guy's an alumnus and walked away from a crazy buyout. I think he deserves some respect.
Due to the fact that Richt resigned/retired and it was his action that terminated his contract, can you please explain why you think UM was in any way obligated to pay a "crazy buyout" and can you please also explain what your understanding of a "buyout" is and why that clause exists in a contract ? thanks.

i'd like to see him take the reigns over in Gainesville

You know, with Jimbo's name always linked to every opening, and the Georgia brass running out of patience, I had him landing at FSU at one point. Then Dabo gave us a mercy killing and he landed here and FSU wound up with Urkel. Some how I'm good with that.

Advertisement
Back