Mark Richt introductory press conference updates

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Headed to the press conference now. I will post updates in this original post

Supposed to begin at 10

9:58 - Players and staff are here, as well as Jim Larranaga, Jim Morris, Katie Meier and other coaches from around the school

10:04 - Vinny Testaverde in attendance

10:09 - Richt takes stage with Frenk and Blake James

10:13 - DBJ calls Richt a "difference maker", BOT member David Epstein takes podium now

Epstein says that Korn-Ferry helped to "streamline" this process for them

10:16 - Frenk takes podium...Jokingly says he heard that Hurricane Football was "sort of" important when he took over 3 and a half months ago

10:19 - Blake James takes podium

James thanks Larry Scott, calls his future in the profession "bright"

Blake James refers to Tally as "that city up in North Florida" when mentioning Richt's time at FSU

10: 24 - Coach Mark Richt takes podium, he's thanking family and other people

Coach Mark Richt - "I don't want to make a lot of promises, but I promise we will get to work."

CMR says coaching at the collegiate level is more than coaching football, it's about "preparing them for life"

CMR throws up the U, says that he plans to finish his coaching career at Miami

10:30 - Don Bailey Jr back on podium

Right talking about fertile recruiting ground of So Fla

He also said "it's been done here before, that's a good indicator" on potential success

"I'm better prepared to be a HC today than I was 15 years ago"

Richt says that hiring a staff is the most important decision that he will make

"There's a massive amount of people that want to come here right now." - Richt on potential assistants

Richt says he was excited to learn that morning time was "football time" in Miami. In reference to the players having class in afternoon

"We want to recruit Miami. This state...There's too many for once school to get. You can't get them all. We have to find the ones who fit.."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
''Returning to 'The U' is truly an honor and I am humbled by the responsibility of leading our storied program,'' said Richt, who played under Howard Schnellenberger at Miami in the early 1980s.

Richt's first official order of business Friday was meeting his team, with players summoned to the football facility for an 8 a.m. introduction. The Hurricanes planned a news conference to announce Richt's hiring later Friday morning, and the hope was that the 24th coach in Miami history could start recruiting later in the day.

Advertisement
Pete when are you going to give credit where credit is due?

Capture_zpsodolzgjj.png

Advertisement
Back