Mandel's take on what our sanctions might be

Advertisement
Advertisement
When the story is from SI can you just post the story so i dont have to go to their site?

Guy is ******* clown. He tweeted before about how convenient it was for us to announce we were turning down a bowl game because we knew it would be a ****** bowl game. Completely ignoring the fact that we had finally just become bowl eligible the day before we announced it. How ******* stupid would we look if we declined a bowl game earlier in the season and then finished 5-7 and missed a bowl?

Advertisement
"Shapiro nearly came to blows with the program's compliance director in 2007, which sure seems like a red flag." I've seen this incident referenced a number of times as supposedly damning evidence. Maybe I'm being dense, but can someone explain to me why this would be such a bad thing in the NCAA's eyes? Doesn't it indicate that our compliance director didn't like the guy?

Mandel is one of the biggest douches I have ever come across: He writes for SI, of course he hates UM.

Did he really mention 8 years and 72 athletes like that's supposed to be a fact? What an idiot. Mandel has always hated Miami but this isn't about hating Miami...it's just stupidity.

Did he really mention 8 years and 72 athletes like that's supposed to be a fact? What an idiot. Mandel has always hated Miami but this isn't about hating Miami...it's just stupidity.

Yes he did. Accusations are just that, accusations, they are proof of nothing. Ask Auburn and the Newtons.

Advertisement
To sum up what he wrote: If the allegations can be proven we're in for serious sanctions.

Thanks for that breaking news

Advertisement
"Shapiro nearly came to blows with the program's compliance director in 2007, which sure seems like a red flag." I've seen this incident referenced a number of times as supposedly damning evidence. Maybe I'm being dense, but can someone explain to me why this would be such a bad thing in the NCAA's eyes? Doesn't it indicate that our compliance director didn't like the guy?

I keep thinking the same thing. Apparently that line of thinking goes against those that hope to see Miami get hammered.

that isnt really the question

the bigger question would then be why wouldnt he like shapiro?

the problem then becomes........if he says he didnt like shapiro because he even "suspected" that he was a **** weasel........the fact he was even in a box with UM employees/admin would be a problem for the ncaa

that isnt really the question

the bigger question would then be why wouldnt he like shapiro?

the problem then becomes........if he says he didnt like shapiro because he even "suspected" that he was a **** weasel........the fact he was even in a box with UM employees/admin would be a problem for the ncaa

...and that he was allowed to continue being around players and UM employees/admin.

Advertisement
Back