1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

giphy.gif
Is it just me or do you guys read those gifts with an accent. lol. I can totally hear the Star Trek voice.

Advertisement
That's from Star Trek?

I thought it was a genetic aberration from Gainesville . . .

Huh.

It's from The Orville. Seth McFarland (Family Guy) loves Star Trek and wanted to do a star trek series, got told no, so he said f#ck it and started his own. Much much better than I expected and light years better than any of the terrible ST shows that have come out in recent years.

This. However I do recall a story that PP came onto campus after LSU bought him off and basically told randy that he was still interested in us and randy basically told him to **** his own face. Ahh the good ol days where grandmas would tell Randy to his face that their boy was bought and can he match it. Lolzsmh

Advertisement
If you look at 1st Rd draft picks, AA's, pro bowlers, awards winners, HOF, years combined played in NFL, NFL starters etc etc...Miami is out front by a wide margin. I'd put it up against the entire big 10 and its history... think about it... Who has Michigan produced atb the DT position? Dan dierdorf? Trevor Pryce? That's it basically. Acai St has who... Dan Wilkinson? Nobody else worth mentioning. Mich St? Penn St might have a couple guys wroth mentioning..... northwestern etc etc. lol When in comes to quality DT's Miami may top the entire big 10's production.
Especially when you named an OG for Michigan and another guy who transferred out and finished at Clemson(Pryce)...

If you look at 1st Rd draft picks, AA's, pro bowlers, awards winners, HOF, years combined played in NFL, NFL starters etc etc...Miami is out front by a wide margin. I'd put it up against the entire big 10 and its history... think about it... Who has Michigan produced atb the DT position? Dan dierdorf? Trevor Pryce? That's it basically. Acai St has who... Dan Wilkinson? Nobody else worth mentioning. Mich St? Penn St might have a couple guys wroth mentioning..... northwestern etc etc. lol When in comes to quality DT's Miami may top the entire big 10's production.
Cmon man. You know that, I know that but these other schools are easily making pitches to counter that. BAMA, LSU and osu All can point to recent history of high draft picks over us. Our coaches can show kids are history but at some point, kids are going to look at recent successes and make decisions accordingly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Only 3 games into the season and we haven’t played Clemson yet. But LSU looking a lil weaker this year. If I’m coach stroud I’m showing him our D-line play against FSWho. Come here and start with LT from day one. Take they lunch $ for 3 years.
That would be an unreal interior: Harrison-Hunte, Miller, LT, and Smith

Advertisement
Back