1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

I feel like I woke up in 2002 with all this recruiting success.

B54234CB-2096-4E15-A221-CF1D217CD45D.gif

Advertisement
Dierdorf was an OL.

If you look at 1st Rd draft picks, AA's, pro bowlers, awards winners, HOF, years combined played in NFL, NFL starters etc etc...Miami is out front by a wide margin. I'd put it up against the entire big 10 and its history... think about it... Who has Michigan produced atb the DT position? Dan dierdorf? Trevor Pryce? That's it basically. Acai St has who... Dan Wilkinson? Nobody else worth mentioning. Mich St? Penn St might have a couple guys wroth mentioning..... northwestern etc etc. lol When in comes to quality DT's Miami may top the entire big 10's production.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This got put into the Marshall thread by i think @htownkidd from Wiltfong on 247. Didn’t want it to be missed because of the implications of possibly landing 2 5* DTs and what that could mean. The god-king Cribby said in the same thread we’ve been legit contenders for a while. Worth its own entry

“Maason told me the scheme at Miami is his favorite. I'd consider that a long shot but **** maybe some of these other recent wins were considered long shots at one point too. Miami staff doing a terrific job, I mean terrific job, building relationships and particularly showing a exciting defensive scheme to play in on the next level."
Let’s pray that we land this beast, but if not I am still happy to see the direction of our recruiting and the studs that we lucky to have!

Advertisement
I’ve allowed my brain to enter the world where we have high end 5 and 4* blue chips at every level of our defense

Taylor and Smith
TLewis (maybe we take a shot on him)
Williams, Marshall, Collier, Tae, Kinchens

Maybe we **** around and get Shemar Stewart next year. Who is ******* with that 2022-2024? That’s an entire defense of savage dogs. That’s how we compete with Clemson
We getting Stewart bruh as of right now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back