1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
not saying we get him but crazier things have happened. Also, you are 💯 about top guys wanting to play with too guys. That is what miami has been lacking in other classes.

this year looks different. You hear it time and time again for Bama, O$U, Clemson etc.... kids saying they want to play with the best. We get Williams, Marshall and Taylor, anything is possible then.

They know the better players around them, the easier it is for them. These guys want to make plays, get exposure, and get in the league. If im a LB, i want to play behind a dominant DL. If im a RB, i want to play behind a dominating OL. Etc. Hope we can land a big time QB to attract an elite tackle and possibly flip Mario Williams.

Advertisement
We have never witnessed two 5 star DT’s in Miami before. My mind automatically tells me it’s not possible.

Right?

Not exactly 5 star recruits but in 1989 Miami had the greatest trio of dt's in cfb history with cortex Kennedy, russel Maryland and jimmy Jones. Miami's dt legacy in unmatched in cfb history by a wide margin.

Been obvious for a while now that this kid has legitimate interest. Far cry from interest to signing, for sure. But this kid isn’t “building drama” or trolling. He’s very, very interested in this city, program, and scheme.
Sometimes a big time out of state kid pops up who just wants to go to Miami. We’ve seen it before with DJ Williams, Eric Winston, Arthur Brown, Kyle Wright, Brevin Jordan. Even a guy like Deejay Dallas. They just wanted to come to Miami. Maybe Maason Smith is the next one to fit into that category.

Advertisement
I’ve allowed my brain to enter the world where we have high end 5 and 4* blue chips at every level of our defense

Taylor and Smith
TLewis (maybe we take a shot on him)
Williams, Marshall, Collier, Tae, Kinchens

Maybe we **** around and get Shemar Stewart next year. Who is ******* with that 2022-2024? That’s an entire defense of savage dogs. That’s how we compete with Clemson

1596310532655.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
2 HoFers and maybe a 3rd in Vince? Should a been 4 with JB. Lmao

No one else can say that. The U baby

If you look at 1st Rd draft picks, AA's, pro bowlers, awards winners, HOF, years combined played in NFL, NFL starters etc etc...Miami is out front by a wide margin. I'd put it up against the entire big 10 and its history... think about it... Who has Michigan produced atb the DT position? Dan dierdorf? Trevor Pryce? That's it basically. Acai St has who... Dan Wilkinson? Nobody else worth mentioning. Mich St? Penn St might have a couple guys wroth mentioning..... northwestern etc etc. lol When in comes to quality DT's Miami may top the entire big 10's production.

If you look at 1st Rd draft picks, AA's, pro bowlers, awards winners, HOF, years combined played in NFL, NFL starters etc etc...Miami is out front by a wide margin. I'd put it up against the entire big 10 and its history... think about it... Who has Michigan produced atb the DT position? Dan dierdorf? Trevor Pryce? That's it basically. Acai St has who... Dan Wilkinson? Nobody else worth mentioning. Mich St? Penn St might have a couple guys wroth mentioning..... northwestern etc etc. lol When in comes to quality DT's Miami may top the entire big 10's production.
That's wild. Wisky had JJ Watt. Nebraska had Suh. I cant think of anymore

Advertisement
Back