1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
Plus savion Collins

Yeah I think we're headed for a breakup. Saw an article yesterday- can't remember where- saying coaches haven't talked to Collins in a long time. They know he is going to flip to UF so aren't wasting any more time on him. Mama is only reason he is still committed.

Advertisement
Let’s pray that we aren’t stacking all our chips on Taylor coming. Don’t get me wrong, I want him badly to sign with the Canes. I just don’t want us ****ing off Collins and getting left holding the ugly duckling at the dance.

Let’s pray that we aren’t stacking all our chips on Taylor coming. Don’t get me wrong, I want him badly to sign with the Canes. I just don’t want us ****ing off Collins and getting left holding the ugly duckling at the dance.
I honestly think they want to move on from him period. I think they’re willing to go hunting for another DT even if we miss on Taylor. I don’t mind at all either. He’s gotten big and there’s already laziness rumors flying around. The last thing I want is to start taking those kids again and bringing back a trait we’re trying to leave behind us.

The guy who filmed that 1-on-1 video is someone I’ve worked with. I talked to him last night and he said Smith is really fighting the decision between LSU and MIAMI. He’s a big UGA fan. There are people in his ear saying that if he wants to be a big time player he has to play in the SEC, but he is still really down to LSU and MIAMI.

sheesh I didn’t know we were closing in on him like that. If we get Maason Smith, Leonard Taylor, Savion Collins, and Allan Haye.... guys that will be the best haul of decade for a position group.
Don't do this to me

Advertisement
The guy who filmed that 1-on-1 video is someone I’ve worked with. I talked to him last night and he said Smith is really fighting the decision between LSU and MIAMI. He’s a big UGA fan. There are people in his ear saying that if he wants to be a big time player he has to play in the SEC, but he is still really down to LSU and MIAMI.

sheesh I didn’t know we were closing in on him like that. If we get Maason Smith, Leonard Taylor, Savion Collins, and Allan Haye.... guys that will be the best haul of decade for a position group.
Sounds like really doesn't want to play in a 3-4 defense

Advertisement
Idk how long you’ve been following recruiting. But a top rated generational defensive tackle talent (from LA) that has been followed by LSU’s entire coaching staff since he was an 8th grader and after they just won the natty is about as impossible of a get as you can ever have. Elite defensive tackle recruiting is literally the top of the recruiting pyramid. Yes anything is possible in the universe and you start off by talking to the hottest chick in the club.
This is kid is way harder to land than Williams or Taylor or Marshall.
If manolo lands this guy just crown him the best recruiter in cfb. That would be putting a capital M in miracle.

This is on point. It should be pinned at the top of this thread and automatically re-posted whenever someone gets too confident.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back