NFL Lynn Bowden Jr

Advertisement
Hope the staff is smart enough to use him correctly. I'm a huge fan of that modern not-exactly chess piece offense player, meaning not exactly a RB or WR. Percy Harvin was that. So was Randall Cobb for a while in Green Bay. Love what the Niners do with Deebo and it looks like Jax will use Etienne in a similar manner. That wildcard versatility puts so much pressure on the defense, particularly when they've already committed to certain sub packages. They just then can't match up.

I know the time has passed, but I kept wondering if Duke wasn't one of those guys as well.

IMO you draft a multidimensional guy with a plan on how you will use him. I watch watched Gruden and Allen change the Bucs from a team that built through like Dungy had successfully done, to chasing free agents. Oh and by the way he has never developed a QB, but some kind of way has that rep. Guy is all smoke and mirrors.

IMO you draft a multidimensional guy with a plan on how you will use him. I watch watched Gruden and Allen change the Bucs from a team that built through like Dungy had successfully done, to chasing free agents. Oh and by the way he has never developed a QB, but some kind of way has that rep. Guy is all smoke and mirrors.
Gruden treats offensive players like a 5-year old treats toys. They're disposable gadgets for him.

Disagree about the QB part though. Gruden can scheme with the best and gets the most out of limited guys. Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Carr, etc. All these guys improved greatly under Gruden. He just doesn't have the patience to develop young guys who struggle with his verbiage and playbook density.

But c'mon guys let's not act like the Dolphins have some grand plan for Bowden. They acquired him for a mid-day 3 price and added 2 WRs to push him down the depth chart. He's a role player who is competing for a roster spot and will see limited snaps barring injury.

Advertisement
Gruden treats offensive players like a 5-year old treats toys. They're disposable gadgets for him.

Disagree about the QB part though. Gruden can scheme with the best and gets the most out of limited guys. Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Carr, etc. All these guys improved greatly under Gruden. He just doesn't have the patience to develop young guys who struggle with his verbiage and playbook density.

But c'mon guys let's not act like the Dolphins have some grand plan for Bowden. They acquired him for a mid-day 3 price and added 2 WRs to push him down the depth chart. He's a role player who is competing for a roster spot and will see limited snaps barring injury.
I'm a Buc. Never said the Dolphins had plans for the kid. Just that you should if you choose to draft or acquire a multi skilled athlete. Disagree with the belief Gruden developed Gannon, Brad or Garcia. They all were veterans developed by other coaches when Gruden got his hands on them. Carr is a perfect example he never developed a QB he drafted. The Bucs had the talent but the offense was far too conservative under Dungy. Once the offense opened up under Gruden we won the SB. After Gruden and Co. started their ways of coaching and managing, it was all down hill and we fired his ***. Good thing about sports, your record speaks to your success or lack their of.

I'm a Buc. Never said the Dolphins had plans for the kid. Just that you should if you choose to draft or acquire a multi skilled athlete. Disagree with the belief Gruden developed Gannon, Brad or Garcia. They all were veterans developed by other coaches when Gruden got his hands on them. Carr is a perfect example he never developed a QB he drafted. The Bucs had the talent but the offense was far too conservative under Dungy. Once the offense opened up under Gruden we won the SB. After Gruden and Co. started their ways of coaching and managing, it was all down hill and we fired his ***. Good thing about sports, your record speaks to your success or lack their of.
You can develop players at any point in the career trajectory. Nobody was banging down the door of those QBs to get them and Gruden got productive offenses out of them. His record is indicative of his poor personnel decisions and hires.

Advertisement
Back