LuCane, DMoney: 2013 DT Rankings

hasena75

Junior
How would you rank the following 2013 DT Prospects?

Bryant, Bain, Calloway, Adams, Senat, Greg Webb?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gotta do my homework. Everything I've seen so far says that this is going to be a stacked class.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The only thing I know about Greg Webb is that he's from NJ and is considered a national type recruit. I'll likely pay some attention to him if it seems Miami is really in it (but with the plethora of DT talent in FL this year, I doubt it).

Don't know who Adams is.

As for the rest, this is a very impressive year for DTs in Florida, based on what I've seen I'd rank them:

1. Bryant - Was a huge pickup for the Canes. He seems to carry size well, has the frame to carry some more weight, and he has constantly moving feet in coordination with active hands and great backfield awareness while engaging/getting by his blocker. Elite pick up IMO

2. Bostwick - You didn't list him, but he is a really impressive talent that is a jumbo athlete. He plays DE in HS because he can move like one at 280 pounds. He is an explosive player that tackles HARD and has great balance and body control with a frame to be a 6'4 300+ pound DT with the ability to be an end in a 3-4 (physically/athletically he reminds me of Briscoe from this past class).

3. Calloway - He could possibly be higher on the list, but all I've seen are his sophomore highlights. He is a nice sized stout prospect that seems to do everything well. The only reasons why he isn't higher are because this is a crazy talented FL DL class and I don't see as many little things that can be maximized into greater potential at the next level (again this is based on sophomore film).

4. Bain - Biggest freak athlete of the group, but also the rawest.

5. Senat - Strong as an ox and has great athleticism for a 300 pounder. I see a limited ceiling because he is only 6' with short arms. For his stout build, I would like to see him be harder to move at the point of attack. But, he is still impressive in his power and pursuit.

****I don't claim these to be any conclusive statements on these prospects, most of these impressions are based on limited highlight tape viewing. Also, it should be noted that I consider it a success to land any 2 of the 5 listed above because they are all talented and impressive prospects.

That's my bad. I meant to include Bostwick.

FWIW..Bakas said that Bostwick is a Top 5 in the state of Florida type talent.

Agree?

5. Senat - Strong as an ox and has great athleticism for a 300 pounder. I see a limited ceiling because he is only 6' with short arms. For his stout build, I would like to see him be harder to move at the point of attack. But, he is still impressive in his power and pursuit.
QUOTE]

I agree with what you say about Senat, that's why I'm not too worried about him going somewhere else. There is too many DT's to go after to worry about just one kid like him.

I've heard Monty Nelson is a beast!

+1 He's legit, hoping he's in this class.

Advertisement
Now this is my area of concern... this is where our defense will be built. So it is imperitive to get the biggest baddest DT. To return to greatness this is where our foundation needs 2 be built... size matters at the DT position. Tired of seeing the SEC schools Auburn, Alabama, and LSU get these monsters in the middle and we get runts... so this is where I would say size does matter. Of course the talent has to be there as well. Can someone post videos for all these guys mentioned in this feed...?

So I just got done with some of my own research... not so in depth but its my opinion... I'm gonna keep it short and sweet!

Keith Bryant- 6'2 280lbs animal, ball hawk, sifts through rubbish and finds the ball carrier, uses his hands well. UM material.

MaQuedius Bain- 6'5 286lbs monster, he tackles high though... the sky is the limit for this kid... must get... his verbal is with FSU I hope we can snatch him up...

Derrick Calloway- 6'1 320lbs arm tackler not UM material

Adams- WHO?

Deadrin Senat- 6'1 311lbs need better film but the little I saw was convincing, plays with a "you can't block me attitude." I like him.

Greg Webb- 6'2 295lbs monster, beast, NJ kid that loves to hit, he is a football player, I like this guy!

Jaynard Bostwick- 6'4 270lbs I think we all agree here he is the best in the bunch by far, mauler, beast, loves to hit with his shoulder pads, and plays angry like you hit his mother.

Kennard Swanson- 6'1 265lbs must get... big boy can move... jut a reminder he plays FB and RB... he has good feet, quick, athletic, the kind of player miami needs, pass rusher from the DT position. Must get!

For the moment I am most impressed with in this order.... I'm sure as the year goes on we will see more break out players that where over shadowed...

1. Jaynard Bostwick
2. Maquedius Bain
3. Kennard Swanson
4. Keith Bryant
5. Deadrin Sanat
6. Greg Webb

Advertisement
I would think 2 is the number of DT's we would ordinarily try to bring in with what we already have on the roster and the size of this next class, but there are too many good ones out there to not try and grab 3 beasts. No chance there is room for 4 when we really need to take 4 OL and at least 3 TE's in this class. You can't have 11 spots taken up by OL, DT, TE when you only have about 19 total scholarships to give.

Now this is my area of concern... this is where our defense will be built. So it is imperitive to get the biggest baddest DT. To return to greatness this is where our foundation needs 2 be built... size matters at the DT position. Tired of seeing the SEC schools Auburn, Alabama, and LSU get these monsters in the middle and we get runts... so this is where I would say size does matter. Of course the talent has to be there as well. Can someone post videos for all these guys mentioned in this feed...?

We had the greatest group of DTs in the mid-70's and lousy teams. Need a lot more than DTs, though it's hard to be great without great defenses. And it all starts in the "trneches". Guys.

I would think 2 is the number of DT's we would ordinarily try to bring in with what we already have on the roster and the size of this next class, but there are too many good ones out there to not try and grab 3 beasts. No chance there is room for 4 when we really need to take 4 OL and at least 3 TE's in this class. You can't have 11 spots taken up by OL, DT, TE when you only have about 19 total scholarships to give.

Really? I say you don't take more than 2. Just make sure they're the right two.

Advertisement
Back