Lorenzo Lingard

Fawk_U Haters

Junior
Two at the top for RB Lingard
Luke Stampini - 4 hours ago VIP8
Florida Newsletter
Florida sent running backs coach Tim Skipper to watch Orange City (Fla.) University 2018 Top247 running back Lorenzo Lingard at his spring game last week. The Gators were also joined on the sidelines by assistants from Alabama, Florida State and Miami.
“I didn’t really pay too much attention to it,” Lingard said of all the coaches at his game. “I tried to focus on the game, but at times I would look over and see [Skipper] was really engaged into the game and stuff like that.”
When the 6-foot, 185-pound Lingard speaks to coaches from Florida, their message is simple.
“They say that I’m their main guy, their prime target right now, and that I’m a key factor.”

Lingard went on to discuss what he likes about the Gators
“It’s a great school. They have a great running program for the running backs, and just the overall support they have from the fans.”
Who does the talented rising junior have at the top of his list at this early juncture in his recruitment?
“Probably, I would say Miami and Florida State,” Lingard answered. “Coach [Mark] Richt is at Miami now and he was the first coach I met, so really he had a grab on me first when he was at Georgia. Then, Coach [Thomas] Brown is a great coach. Same with the FSU coaches. Jimbo’s personality and the hard work they put in help them.”

247Sports currently ranks Lingard as the nation’s No. 16 overall prospect and the No. 2 running back in the 2018 class.

Early returns are that we should be in it till the end for upper echelon prospects. Signing day might actually be fun again with getting a flip or two at the end. Richt seems to resonate with kids.

Advertisement
This is why we should thank James Cook for re-classifying to '18.

FSU can have him, we'll take Lingard, who appears to be the far better RB

Advertisement
Mark Richt's history with recruiting elite RBs has opened whole new avenues for us.

Advertisement
Guy is on same level as Dalvin Cook program changer at RB. Would be the best Miami RB in a decade.

Yeah lets just pretend Duke Johnson didnt just break Miami records... Or an NFL starter like Miller didnt do anything at MIA. Kid is currently a soph in hs lets pump the brakes my man.

Guy is on same level as Dalvin Cook program changer at RB. Would be the best Miami RB in a decade.

Yeah lets just pretend Duke Johnson didnt just break Miami records... Or an NFL starter like Miller didnt do anything at MIA. Kid is currently a soph in hs lets pump the brakes my man.

Im hoping he meant this would be the most highly recruited RB we have had in a decade. If buddy is the #2 RB in his class, that would def hold true.

Advertisement

Im hoping he meant this would be the most highly recruited RB we have had in a decade. If buddy is the #2 RB in his class, that would def hold true.

Duke Johnson was the #3 APB (Higher rating than Todd Gurley, Mike Davis, Kenyan Drake, and Mario Pender notably). He was also Mr. Florida his senior year, and the #19 overall player. He was wanted by every school in the country but not recruited as heavily because he denied every single recruiting pitch and told them no matter what he would be a Cane. If it wasn't for that, he would have been recruited twice as hard as Sony Michel, and we know how hard that battle was.

Edit: Lingard is rated a 95/100, Duke was a 97/100. Obviously things can change by the time he is a senior, but to call Lingard the best Miami RB in a decade (should he sign) would be retarded, considering that we just had Duke break nearly every RB record with 2 1/2 years of playing, as someone above already mentioned. There is just no part of that statement that is true...Duke was a beast, and everyone knew he would be a beast coming in. If Lingard DOES come to the U, and carries the ball less than 10 times, still putting up 100+ yards and 2 TD's against a conference opponent in his very first college game (on the road at that) then let me know. The amount of disrespect from saying a sophomore HS RB will be better than the majority record holder RB of the U is something I'd expect a FSU fan to say. Also if you're wondering, yes, my Jimmies are definitely in a rustle after reading some trash like that.

Last edited:

Duke Johnson was the #3 APB (Higher rating than Todd Gurley, Mike Davis, Kenyan Drake, and Mario Pender notably). He was also Mr. Florida his senior year, and the #19 overall player. He was wanted by every school in the country but not recruited as heavily because he denied every single recruiting pitch and told them no matter what he would be a Cane. If it wasn't for that, he would have been recruited twice as hard as Sony Michel, and how hard that battle was.

this

Im hoping he meant this would be the most highly recruited RB we have had in a decade. If buddy is the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] RB in his class, that would def hold true.

Duke Johnson was the #3 APB (Higher rating than Todd Gurley, Mike Davis, Kenyan Drake, and Mario Pender notably). He was also Mr. Florida his senior year, and the #19 overall player. He was wanted by every school in the country but not recruited as heavily because he denied every single recruiting pitch and told them no matter what he would be a Cane. If it wasn't for that, he would have been recruited twice as hard as Sony Michel, and we know how hard that battle was.

Edit: Lingard is rated a 95/100, Duke was a 97/100. Obviously things can change by the time he is a senior, but to call Lingard the best Miami RB in a decade (should he sign) would be retarded, considering that we just had Duke break nearly every RB record with 2 1/2 years of playing, as someone above already mentioned. There is just no part of that statement that is true...Duke was a beast, and everyone knew he would be a beast coming in. If Lingard DOES come to the U, and carries the ball less than 10 times, still putting up 100+ yards and 2 TD's against a conference opponent in his very first college game (on the road at that) then let me know. The amount of disrespect from saying a sophomore HS RB will be better than the majority record holder RB of the U is something I'd expect a FSU fan to say. Also if you're wondering, yes, my Jimmies are definitely in a rustle after reading some trash like that.

You dont have to give me the Duke Johnson lecture friend. I know all about Duke. Reality is this, Duke was VERY highly regarded but didnt get his 5th star until after his Sr year. Going into his Jr year of HS he was not the #2 rated player at his position in the country as this kid is.

Im not a star ***** but ****..lets look at this facts. I personally am not referring to what he did at UM. **** we might not even get this kid. I am strictly talking about national hype going into his Jr year. And from the looks of it, this kid has got it. Lets hope in 2 years we can found out if it was warranted like Duke def proved his Sr year of HS.

Advertisement
Just stop trying to compare him to other great RBs. This kid is elite in his own right.

Honestly, he's probably going to be the closest thing to Dalvin Cook coming out of HS since Dalvin went to FSU.

With Lingard, James Cook, and Nayquan Wright in 2018 and assuming its basically us and FSU for all 3.. we are getting an elite back in 2018. And for all I care, FSU can have Cook. Give me Lingard and Wright.. those are my 1 and 2.

Just stop trying to compare him to other great RBs. This kid is elite in his own right.

Honestly, he's probably going to be the closest thing to Dalvin Cook coming out of HS since Dalvin went to FSU.

With Lingard, James Cook, and Nayquan Wright in 2018 and assuming its basically us and FSU for all 3.. we are getting an elite back in 2018. And for all I care, FSU can have Cook. Give me Lingard and Wright.. those are my 1 and 2.

Nyquan is 2019

Nyquan is 2019

My bad I forgot Cook reclassified to 2018.. I was just thinking they were in the same class.

Advertisement
Back