Lockhart update

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Former West Boca Raton WR Robert Lockhart has not enrolled at Miami yet. Still waiting on NCAA Clearinghouse. #Canes
8:57am - 26 Jan 12

A West Boca Raton assistant coach, who is Lockhart's cousin, says he has "no idea" if Lockhart will clear. "50/50," he said. #Canes
8:59am - 26 Jan 12

Facking clearinghouse cot dammit

Advertisement
Been prepared for a late arrival for this kid for a while now. If things take this long, they never work out for us.

As long as he gets here eventually though, I am happy.

No point in worrying about him being here early anymore, but so long as he signs and is here in Fall I'm cool w/it.

I don't like seeing 50/50 he'll clear. That worries me about him ever getting here.

Advertisement
He's got plenty of time. Its late January and kid wont need to be here til early August.

Classes at UM began Jan. 17, but has until Tuesday to be enrolled.
“They are trying to get him in right now,” Fork Union assistant Patrick McDowell said. “Miami is still working on it right now. They are looking at his SAT score and gathering his transcripts.”
McDowell is optimistic that Lockhart will be an early enrollee.
“I’m optimistic,” McDowell said. “My boss (coach John Shuman) might not be as optimistic as I am.

Fingers crossed

Don't kids who go prep usually have specific academic reasons they go to prep for?

If he un****ed his academic situation, shouldn't it be pretty simple decide whether or not he gets in?

I just don't get what the holdup in these situations are.

It's irritating.

Advertisement
He's got plenty of time. Its late January and kid wont need to be here til early August.

Sf,

We only have like 3 healthy receivers for Spring ball. Are those numbers acceptable to you?

Wouldn't it serve a player and the team better if they could come in early and get a jump start in the spring with the speed of the game, comraderie with players and learning the playbook?

So obviously the kid has until August to get in, but UM needs him more starting now.

common-sense.jpg

Advertisement
What about that hard working walk on WR that the coaches were gushing about last summer?

Spider,
I do understand how thin we are at WR right now, but it is what it is. Im hoping to have Lockhart ready to go by summer.

The real problem is that the spring WR shortage will likely have an effect on the QB competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back